Data Architect / Head of Data (m/f/x) // Pepper.com
Data Architect / Head of Data (WIP) (m/f/x)
Business Intelligence – Berlin, Germany
Pepper.com, the world’s largest shopping community, was founded in 2014. Through international partnerships and conversations, Pepper.com gives smart shoppers around the world a voice to share deals, tips, and ideas, connecting members in 11 countries on 3 continents.
The Pepper.com group is headquartered in Berlin, with offices in Belo Horizonte / Brazil, Guadalajara / Mexico, London / United Kingdom, Lyon / France, and Mumbai / India and runs market-leading platforms such as Dealabs (France), hotukdeals (United Kingdom), mydealz (Germany) and 11 more around the globe. These platforms are currently used by more than 25 million smart shoppers every month and influence 12,000 buying decisions every minute.
Building a community driven platform consumers can trust. Enabling people to access all needed information while being open, inspiring and entertaining.
In the light of today’s increasing information overload, are you fascinated by the idea of enabling perfect information for consumers through social interactions on our platform? Do you want to help provide transparency for buying decisions and thereby help consumers to save money in Electronics, Home & Living, Travel, Fashion, Finance, Insurance amongst others? Do you want to feel the heartbeat of our international community and influence online shoppers experience? Pepper Media Holding is looking for a Data Architect / Head of Data (m / f / x) as a true architect behind our platform.
Your responsibilities will include
- Overlook implementation and maintenance of ETL pipelines
- Support the transition from a traditional RDBMS model to a cloud-based data architecture in cooperation with experienced data consultants (Pandata)
- Manage stakeholder requirements and help them filling their needs, while also representing a scalable and efficient data pipeline
- Interact with business stakeholders to communicate complex information in understandable business oriented language
- Lead data engineers, architects and cooperate with analysts
The qualities we are looking for are
- 3+ years of experience in managing Business Intelligence systems
- You gained significant experience in data modeling, data discovery and the application of data to solve business problems
- Advanced knowledge of SQL (MySQL, Postgres, Google BigQuery)
- You have hands-on experience with Python or Scala
- Experience with cloud computing is a plus
- Experience in Ecommerce, Online Marketing & Media is a plus
Some perks of working for Pepper.com
- An established, profitable growth company wholly owned by operational founders
- Flexible working hours
- Cozy and relaxed working atmosphere
- International and professional team of motivated people with flat hierarchies
- Learning and development opportunities
- Monthly team events such as paintball, paddling, beer tasting, etc…
- Great office in Torstraße, in the city centre easily reachable from any part of Berlin and in the heart of the start up scene
Join the best Berlin employer in 2017! Read more about us here!
Are you the person we are looking for?
Please, apply through the link below: https://pepper.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=213&source=berlinstartupjobs
We’re looking forward to receiving your application including a compelling motivation letter and a clearly arranged CV.