Data Engineer, Data Platform
GetYourGuide is the place to book the best experiences in destinations across the globe. We are now looking for a full-time Data Engineer, Data Platform at our Berlin office.
You will play a key role in designing and developing our data ecosystem, big data-pipelines, data tooling and processes. You will also help make the vast amount of our data accessible, reliable and efficient to query.
The Data Platform team plays the central role in our data-driven strategy, designing and developing our data ecosystem, data processes and analytics capabilities. We work on problems such as product events tracking, AB experiments framework, and real-time streaming applications. The team is also responsible for making the vast amount of data accessible, reliable and efficient to query, so we are empowered to make the best data-driven decisions. We work with a wide variety of tools and technologies ranging from Spark, Airflow, and Kafka to Databricks, Looker and Snowflake, making this team a great place to learn new skills.
- You will design, build and refine our data and analytics infrastructure, scaling to petabytes of data
- You will grow our analytics capabilities with faster, more reliable data pipelines, and better tools
- You’ll work together with Business Intelligence, Analytics, and the whole Engineering department to ensure high data quality
- You will design and develop a real-time events pipeline and work with data scientists, backend engineers and product managers to find new ways to leverage this data
- You will develop complex and efficient pipelines to transform raw data sources into powerful, reliable components of our data lake
- You will optimize and improve existing features or data processes for performance and stability
- You have 1-2 years of experience as a Data Engineer
- You have experience designing, developing and maintaining systems at scale
- You have strong experience with Scala or Java
- You have strong experience with big data technologies (e.g. Spark)
- You write efficient, well-tested code with an keen eye on scalability and maintainability
- You are familiar with agile development
- You have an analytical mind and bake your decisions with data
Nice to have:
- You have experience with Python
- You have experience working with Airflow
- You have experience with AWS and cloud technologies
- You have experience with building stream-processing systems, using solutions such as Kafka and Spark Streaming
- You have experience with Microservice Architecture
- Work on a product that helps create memorable travel experiences
- Smart, engaged co-workers
- Speak English in the office with people from over 70 nationalities
- Virtual stock options – be part of our success story
- Annual external training budget – be constantly learning
- Quarterly Hackathons and weekly tech talks
- GetYourGuide gift cards
- Relocation Assistance (varies by role/level)
Please send in your CV and Cover Letter in English through the form below. We’re committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of gender identity, ethnicity, race, sexual orientation, disability status, parental or marital status, or religion.
We’d love to hear from you by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org and make sure you check out life at GetYourGuide on our blog.