Data Engineer (f/m/div) for a new finleap venture // FinLeap
For you it’s a leap in your career, for us it’s the future of finance.
Founded in Berlin in 2014, finleap is Europe’s number one Fintech ecosystem. We are renowned for our fast execution in building successful, innovative and market-changing Fintech companies. Combining entrepreneurial execution, technological capabilities and diverse talent from over 60 different countries, finleap continuously challenges the status quo to reshape the way technology impacts the financial market. With 14 established ventures and new ones being launched each year, we have a wide variety of opportunities.
We build ventures from scratch and combine years of industry knowledge with entrepreneurial drive and passion. With everything we do, we believe that design is an integral part of success. For us, design is as much about behaviour and emotion as it is about utility and ease. We move quickly but also have enough time and space to develop broad ideas.
We’re now looking for a Data Engineer (f/m/div) to join us at a new venture we are about to launch!
What will keep you challenged:
- Extend and optimize our data gathering and aggregating processes to help us define what’s more interesting for our customers and partners
- Interdisciplinary exchange with our backend engineers, who will support you in gaining experience while working together on solutions
- Build appropriate ETL processes and data models
- Design, implement and optimise effective data processing architectures
- Ensure architecture will support the requirements of the new business we are launching
- Discover new opportunities for the acquisition of useful data
- A dynamic environment with flat hierarchies: you will report directly to the Head of Engineering with direct contact to the MDs
- Combine data from multiple sources (marketing, on-page tracking, customer data, product/price information and many more) to generate crucial business insights for the whole venture.
What we would like to see in you:
- Motivation to improve data reliability, efficiency, and quality
- Multiple years of experience in data science following industry best practises
- Build-from-scratch mentality having built several solutions to store and analyze data
- Experience building products and features whilst collaborating with software engineers and business development professionals
- Collaborative environments are enjoyable for you and you are able to interact effectively with others
- Good command of English, ability to work in a team following Agile practises such as Scrum and Kanban
- Good knowledge of technologies for distributed, scalable data processing, in particular AWS products stack and Profound programming knowledge in a state of the art data analysis scripting language (Python, R) and its supporting data science ecosystem.
- Experience with an object-oriented language, especially Java, ideally experience with reactive streaming and NoSQL datastores in microservice architecture
- Practice going over raw data and getting it clear of human, machine or instrument errors
- A genuine desire to learn new tools and frameworks as well as sharing your knowledge
- Quality orientation and the delivery of pragmatic solutions would make you a reliable person to work with
- A good understanding of statistics and how to use them
Why new finleap venture?
- Have a direct impact on the development of our new B2C-venture! Join and shape it right from the beginning.
- Work with incredibly passionate and talented team members in our amazing office in startup hub H32 incl. free drinks and snacks, community events and other employer benefits (e.g. discounts for transportation tickets, gym memberships and more).
- An international leadership team dedicated to your growth and development.
- Profit from a strong network of companies and experts as part of the finleap family, Europe’s No.1 fintech ecosystem.
Does this looks like your next challenge? Apply here and let’s talk more about it!