To be considered for the role, please send your CV together with your motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. We are looking forward to your full application that gives us an exact idea of what motivates you, why you want to work at JustWatch and how you relate to our core values.
We are looking for a Data Engineer who can support us in creating the movie and TV show discovery experience of the future. Curiosity, drive and passion are shared characteristics of all people at JustWatch and we are looking for these values in every person we are hiring. We only want people who are willing to constantly learn through challenging themselves and others. All of us also love to get things done and strongly believe in “done is better than perfect”.
Our data infrastructure consists of a Snowplow data pipeline feeding into Snowflake, as well as several other ELTs (Airflow) and dozens of data modelling steps (DBT) on top. Most of our stack is residing on Google Cloud Platform, and we are finishing retiring eliminating last AWS legacy components.
In addition, for this particular role we are looking for:
- At least 1-2 years of experience with SQL data stores and multi-terabyte sized data sets, preferably with Snowflake, Redshift, BigQuery or PostgreSQL
- You have an Engineering background with some backend and data skills (SQL plus a backend language, preferably Python or Go)
- Skills around the Linux command line including basic networking and web technologies
- Experience with ELT processes
- Solid code craftsmanship including great communication and writing code to be read by others
- A practical view towards technology, sensibly choosing between cutting-edge tech and stable, boring solutions
- Proven success in communicating with users, technical teams and other stakeholders to collect requirements, describe data engineering strategy
- English (professional working proficiency)
- Pragmatic and analytical mindset
Our data stack: GCP, Kubernetes, Snowplow, GitLab, Postgres, Snowflake, Apache Airflow, dbt, Python/Go.
- Taking full end-to-end responsibility for our Snowplow-based tracking pipeline
- Supervising and implementing ELT workflows
- Working with our Infrastructure team to maintain, operate and extend the full data stack
- Excelling in an international and internationalized environment
- Working on one of the biggest movie/tv platforms worldwide with a passionate team
- Experienced founders with international track record and a world-class team in all areas
- A challenging environment with an open feedback culture and a strong focus on personal development
- A transparent company culture with fast decisions and turnarounds
We love challenging goals. We are questioning everything. We are always learning. And we are excellent in execution. We believe in the 80/20 rule and try to apply common sense and pragmatism to everything, so we are looking for people with business sense and a “no bullshit attitude”.
Sounds like you? Great, we’d like to meet you. Just send us a short mail that gives us an idea of what motivates you, why you want to work at JustWatch and how you think you will help us to achieve our goals. We are not interested in a perfect CV, or letters of recommendation. We just want to know who you are and who you want to become!
We are very much looking forward to meeting you. Please apply to email@example.com