Data Engineer (m/f/d) // lengoo
lengoo fuses AI technology together with human expert knowledge to create high-quality translations in over 400 language pairs. As a Techstars and VC backed startup in Berlin, we move technology to the heart of what we do by using state-of-the-art machine learning methods to create pre-translations. Our pool of freelance linguists then finalize these pre-translations, creating the highest quality final translations for our customers. This innovative approach plays a critical role in the products of our B2B clients, who come from over 10 different countries and range in all different sizes. Join a fast-growing, dynamic startup with a hands-on, international culture, and let’s break language barriers together!
Your mission is to build up critical data infrastructure for our machine translation pipeline. You will have the responsibility of smoothing out and scaling up our automated processes for data acquisition, wrangling, and warehousing, as well as for model evaluation and validation.
About the job
- Develop, test, deploy and maintain architectures that can interface with disparate tool and APIs
- Design and test changes to data architectures/processes, and determine what the possible downstream effects will be
- Build batch and streaming data pipelines that work with cloud-based tools
- Have ownership over the data warehousing and data conversion pipeline
- Acquire additional data through researching open or closed source data, and/or web crawling
- Discover new tasks that can be automated within the data conversion pipeline
- Have a say in the process automation of the machine translation research team
- You have a Degree in computer science, business informatics, mathematics, or relevant work experience
- Strong software engineering experience with an eye for clean, future-proof code
- Strong python programmer with data wrangling skills, including extracting, transforming, cleaning, and augmenting data, as well as standardizing data formats
- You have at least 3 years of relevant professional experience
- Comfortable with Linux/Unix tools and bash
- Experience working in the cloud (e.g. GCP, Azure, AWS, etc.)
- Experience with process automation tools such as Docker, data warehousing, and ML automation tools
- Experience with machine learning, natural language processing, or data science is a plus, but not required
- Ability to communicate in written and spoken English in a professional setting
What we offer
- A fast-growing startup which is financially secured by EU research grants and well-known investors and already serves more than 3,000 business clients
- The opportunity to contribute to cutting edge developments in the field of machine learning
- Responsibility from day one
- You work closely with our machine translation and product teams
- A modern office in the heart of Berlin and lots of bars and restaurants around
- Outstanding team atmosphere through regular team events and lunches
- Subsidized gym membership, free breakfast, coffee, drinks, fruits and dinner (after 8 pm)
Are you up for this challenge?
We look forward to your application addressed to our CTO Maurizio via email. Please include your earliest start date and your salary expectations.