About your new role:
We are looking for a savvy Data Engineer to join our growing team of BI and Analytics experts. They will be responsible for empowering analysts and stakeholders by providing a performant environment tailored to derive insights, management reporting, analyses, and self-service across the company. The ideal candidate is a seasoned developer of data architecture, data pipelines, and a data wrangler who enjoys building and optimizing data pipelines and creating data products from the ground up. Airflow, Python, dbt tool, and Snowflake are in their arsenal and they are comfortable working within AWS.
The Data Engineer will support our data strategy and data initiatives and will ensure that the data architecture is consistent and optimal across ongoing and future projects. They must be self-directed, inspired to expand and enrich the existing environment in order to increase the Data teams’ effectiveness and increase the ability of our data platform to serve our stakeholders. The candidate will be excited by the prospect of developing our company’s data architecture further to support our next generation of products, data initiatives, and projects and have a vital role in propelling the Data culture at Penta forward.
In your new role you will:
- Own the data processing architecture that powers our data ecosystem by building, maintaining, and optimizing data pipelines
- Data Quality and Data Integrity is maintained, observed, and monitored throughout pipelines and architecture
- Improve end-user experience and platform predictability through improving monitoring capabilities, automation, and system reliability
- Work on empowering the ecosystem to increase self-service capabilities that powers all data-assisted decisions
- Extend and enrich the data platform to enable a broader set of data applications – CDP, ML on AWS
- Demonstrate the ability to conceptualize, build and execute a project from end-to-end from concept through implementation and delivery
- Build scalable solutions that can be widely used and that are repeatable to capture quick and provide a platform for running analyses and deriving insights
- Help increase the data culture by providing the teams with consistent, reliable, and complete data – what they need when they need it, how they need it
What do you need to be successful?
- 4+ years experience as a Data Engineer in companies with strong data culture
- 4+ years of professional, hands-on experience with Python development
- 4+ years of professional experience with relational databases (Postgres preferred)
- Setup and maintenance of DWH, especially data lakes and analytics within AWS, GCP, Snowflake
- Experience with RESTful API oriented design and modular service-oriented architecture
- Significant experience using AWS Cloud services and architectures, including S3, EC2, VPCs, ECS, RDS, DMS
- Experience measuring data ingestion quality
- Experience running infrastructure as code (e.g. Terraform, Ansible, CloudFormation)
- Orchestration tools – Airflow or Luigi
- Fluency in using Git
- Experience working in an Agile environment
- Experience with Snowflake
- Experience with monitoring and logging tools (like Prometheus, and Grafana)
- Experience with NoSQL
In your new role you will:
- A high degree of collaboration and autonomy.
- Working with a group of diverse and talented peers with a growth mindset and “get shit done” attitude.
- The ability to change the way banking works for SMEs, startups, and freelancers.
- Wellness program across our locations: flexible working hours, Yoga once per week, counseling.
- A strong network of companies and experts as part of the Finleap family, Europe’s No.1 fintech ecosystem.
- Choice of a computer.
- 28 days of vacation.
- Personal learning budget.
- Company-wide events – we believe hard work and success deserve to be celebrated both in and out of our office.
- Ability to travel between our offices.
Penta is on a mission to become the digital financial partner for SMEs, entrepreneurs & freelancers and provide them with the experience they deserve when it comes to handling their finances with ease and transparency. We are trusted by more than 20,000 clients and we are on a path to grow even more.
We are a team of 100+ stubborn professionals striving towards the same goal; making Penta’s product the best. When we see our customers happy, it motivates us even more to push traditional boundaries and inspires us to reimagine business banking for good.
Penta has international offices in Berlin and Belgrade
Sounds good? Then we’d love to get to know you!
“Penta embraces diversity and equal opportunity in a serious way. We don’t just accept difference, we thrive from it and it’s the basis of our success. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.”