Who we are…?
Safety io provides cloud based/IoT solutions for the live monitoring of workforces in hazardous areas; fleet management for market-leading MSA safety products; on-scene monitoring for the global fire service; and many other compelling products and services. We are an international company with offices in Germany and the USA. Our parent company, MSA is an international company, employing about 5000 people, operating all over the globe.
What we are looking for
We are looking for an experienced Data Engineer to join us in our agile working environment in Berlin. You will use various methods to transform raw data into useful data systems. You should have strong analytical skills and the ability to combine data from different sources. Your skills should also include familiarity with several programming languages and knowledge of machine learning methods.
- Ability to acquire and optimize data sets
- Collaboratively develop a Data Lake Architecture on AWS Infrastructure
- Identify ways to improve data reliability, efficiency and quality
- Excellent analytic skills associated with working on structured and unstructured datasets
- Prepare data for modeling
- Conduct research and collaborate for business questions
- Support the deployment of analytics programs, machine learning and statistical methods
- Ability to build processes that support data transformation, workload management, data structures, dependency and metadata
- Practical experience in developing data lakes
- Hands-on experience with ETL tools
- Amazon Web Services (AWS)
What we offer
- A start-up like environment with the backing and security of a market leader over 100 years old
- Meaningful projects that make a difference — at Safety io, you will save lives
- Flat company hierarchy & modern agile structure with a culture that embraces diversity and individual input and knowledge sharing
- Flexible working hours and possibility of home office, mobile working
- Fantastic work / life balance
- Competitive salary
- Free BVG Travel Pass or “Jobrad” bicycle
- Opportunity to attend conferences and provided learning tools
- Contributions to language courses (e.g., German)
- Modern office spaces and an international team
Does the above sounds attractive? Do you feel you can meet the criteria even if you don’t just now? Do you want a role where you are challenged, engaged and listened to? Do you want to work with a great team? Do you want to be rewarded well for your work and contribution?
If so please get in touch, we can’t wait to meet you!