Data Scientist (f/m/x) // Fraugster
Fraugster is a payment security company with the goal of eliminating fraud and increasing our customers’ profits. Over the last years we’ve invented an artificial intelligence technology that combines human-like accuracy with machine scalability. This ability lets us foresee fraudulent attacks before they actually happen and gives us a distinct competitive advantage over every other player in the payment security space.
We’re already working with some of the most well-known payment and e-commerce companies in the world. Notable clients include companies like Ingenico, SIX Payments and others. Fraugster is backed by top tier investors and is currently managing billions of Euros for our clients.
About the Role :
As a Data Scientist at Fraugster you’re positioned at a crucial intersection of the company – infusing human intelligence into machine-learning algorithms. Your day-to-day work will be about translating fuzzy human behavior into data-oriented, machine learning-based improvements, enhancing our unique fraud detection algorithms.
You will partner with our risk experts, engineering and business stakeholders in order to build scalable and robust fraud prevention solutions while minding business requirements and constraints.
The ideal candidate should be able to conduct ML research projects independently but also be able to collaborate when needed. Besides a strong understanding in ML algorithms, you will also be expected to have deep business understanding in order to prioritise projects that are valuable to the business. A commitment to teamwork, creativity, and strong communication skills are absolute requirements.
Among others, your tasks will be to:
- Design, develop and implement algorithm improvements into our core engine, allowing it to reach new accuracy levels, combining statistical and behavioral ML methods
- Research and develop supporting ML-based solutions (both supervised and unsupervised) to identify and prevent fraud in real-time.
- Conduct end-to-end ML research on our in-house research environment. Understand the business problem, translate it into a data science (DS) research problem, build an experiment and analyse the results.
- Develop, maintain and improve the DS research environment.
- Align our domain and business KPIs with your ML solutions
- Communicate experiment results and recommendations to a cross-functional team and leadership
Skills and Requirements:
- Deep understanding of the fraud domain. Learning and understanding the unique challenges of detecting fraud in order to choose and develop the right ML solutions will be the foundation for success in this role
- Degree in CS, Machine Learning, Operational research, Statistics or in a highly quantitative field.
- Industry experience in predictive modelling and analysis
- Excellent programming skills in data querying languages (e.g. SQL), scripting languages (e.g. Python, R)
- Experience using machine learning libraries
- Experience with building end-to-end reusable pipelines from data acquisition to model output delivery
- Quick learner, adaptable, with the ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment
- Strong problem solving ability
- Strong communication and data presentation skills
- Fluent in business English; great verbal and written communication skills
Don’t let the “confidence gap” and “imposter syndrome” prevent you from applying to this job. Even if you don’t meet all the criteria, we still want to hear from you.
What we offer:
- Take on the challenge of fighting the good fight against cyber-criminals, shoulder to shoulder with top industry experts, using the most advanced AI technology
- Go back to school! Participate in our “Fraud Academy”–go through our Payments and Fraud training courses to become an industry expert
- Hands-on training on various skills: online financial fraud, research on various data platforms and technologies, brainstorming & problem solving, prototype building & project managing
- Fun, creative and focused teams committed to learning and problem-solving through collaboration
- Competitive remuneration
- An office located in the vibrant heart of Berlin
We are looking forward to receiving your application!