Developer Advocate // Prisma
At Prisma we are building the data layer for modern applications. If you are fascinated by the software that power large technology companies such as Twitter, Airbnb and Facebook but want the challenges and freedom that come with working in a small startup, then a job at Prisma might be for you.
With $4.5M in funding from top-tier SV investor Kleiner Perkins we are a small and dedicated team in Berlin working on making advanced data infrastructure developed at large tech companies accessible to all developers around the world.
We are focused on bottom-up adoption, and most of our software is open-source. At Prisma you will be part of a vibrant community. Prisma users often engage with the company on GitHub and Slack.
We are looking for a dedicated educator and developer to join us as a Developer Advocate to help people get familiar with and use Prisma most effectively.
While you have a background in engineering, you should truly be driven and motivated by helping and educating others, and working with developers of all experience levels.
You are excited about explaining technical concepts in a simple way.
Examples of what you may work on:
We find that folks have different strengths and interests and may be more excited about some aspects of Developer Advocacy over others.
We are looking for people eager to give back to the community in a variety of ways. We\’ve listed some of the tasks you could expect to work on, but you may not necessarily do all of them.
- Writing product documentation: Using user questions and feedback to build out product documentation and ensure that Prisma is as clearly documented as possible.
- Building Prisma apps and examples: Create, share, and document sample Prisma apps across a variety of languages.
- Community support: Working across a variety of channels (Slack, StackOverflow, etc) to help developers debug and work through specific issues.
- Interacting with the community and gathering feedback: Working with the community to ensure that product feedback is reaching the appropriate internal folks.
- Composing blog posts: Composing blog posts about Prisma and various, related database topics.
- Speaking at events: Attending conference and meetups throughout the year to speak on Prisma and its capabilities
- Giving workshops: Preparing, presenting, and gathering feedback on workshops related to using Prisma.
- Getting involved with events: Working with event organizers to support additional event related initiatives
Working at Prisma:
- Have an ownership mindset. As part a small team, you\’ll have an outsize impact on decisions and the way things are executed.
- Stay nimble. As a growing startup, the team and strategy evolves quickly. Be ready to re-calibrate often and stay flexible.
- Be kind and collaborative. Come in ready to share your ideas and listen to feedback. We rely on each others\’ input to create great final results.
- Knowledge/working experience in the database space
- Experience writing for an engineering audience
- Excellent communicator (writing and speaking)
- Examples of previous content written or talks given
- A collaborative and feedback driven mindset
- Previous startup experience or interest in working in a small fast-moving company
- Experience with Go, TypeScript, or GraphQL is a plus
- Availability to travel at least 25% percent of the time