Aklamio is looking for a Devops Engineer that will help keep our infrastructure scalable, secure, and stable. You will work both with other Devops engineers as well as developers to modernize the system for the future as the company grows.
Who we are
At Aklamio, we believe that customers, their networks, the power of word-of-mouth and customer insights are a company’s best assets. With our Customer Incentives Platform, we help enterprises all around the world grow by acquiring new customers, and by rewarding loyal customers and converting them into brand advocates.
Founded in 2011, Aklamio has become Europe’s most successful incentives marketing platform with offices in Berlin, London, and Madrid. Aklamio was ranked 2nd fastest growing technology startup in Germany (Financial Times, Europe’s 1000 Fastest Growing Companies) with minimal external funding.
What you’ll do
- As part of a small DevOps team you ensure the site reliability, stability, availability and security of the technical infrastructure of aklamio.com
- In collaboration with the Development team you develop the technical infrastructure further and optimize it
- You enable scalability of the system
- Once you are familiar with the system, you join the on-call rotation
- Monitoring and maintaining system performance by analyzing and fine tuning/troubleshooting the system is also part of your tasks
What you’ll bring with you
- You are proud of 3+ years of experience in DevOps in the field of e-commerce (or similar)
- Extensive experience with networking, mysql, nginx, haproxy, firewalls, cloudfront, docker, terraform, etc
- Good to have: kafka, CI/CD, kubernetes
- You work with attention to detail, and can function both independently and as part of a team.
- Working experience with the AWS stack (EC2, Redshift, S3)
- Familiar with Ansible, git and shell-scripting
- Excellent communication skills in both spoken and written English
Why join us
Become part of an excellent team in one of Europe’s fastest-growing and most exciting startups. We offer many possibilities for development in an international environment with flat hierarchies and fast decision making. Innovation, creativity and ownership are our top priorities! At Aklamio we are committed to providing a mutually respectful work environment. We believe diversity, team building and inclusion among our teammates are essential to our success.
- Challenging team and career growth opportunities
- Live and work where you want- Home office is the new normal for us. Live anywhere in Germany, Spain, or the United Kingdom and work from the comfort of your home, favourite coffee shop or wherever you please. Or feel free to make use of our stylish and comfortable headquarters in Berlin- we’ll save you a seat!
- Make Berlin your home- we offer relocation support and assistance.
- Benefits that fit your life. Use our benefits marketplace to choose from shopping,entertainment, electronics, music, games, fitness, transportation, and more!
- Generous Company Pension Scheme.
- Personal and Career Development: Yearly budget for training so you can expand your skills professionally or linguistically!
- Balance: 30 days of vacation
- Belonging: enjoy monthly lunches, virtual and in-person team events. Team building is fundamental for us.