DevOps Engineer (f/m/d) // Civey
Civey is the leading opinion tech company in Germany
We are at the forefront of a new generation of public opinion research. Instead of outdated methods we rely on digital technologies to pioneer high quality representative surveys in real time. Our vision is to enable everyone to access the results of our work.
One Million verified and monthly active participants.
We are pushing the boundaries of what is possible in measuring public opinion. Through our network of more than 25.000 web pages we constantly gather data while employing state of the art statistical models to deliver advanced insights. With almost 400 million answered surveys since Civey’s start we run the largest opinion panel in Germany, with nearly every major German media outlet employing our data.
Now we are looking for you!
This is just the beginning. If you want to help transform the path of traditional opinion research and you live for new technologies, we are looking for you. You should have a confident, self-motivated and structured approach to new challenges, while aiming to higher standards than most. Sound good?
Your Job: You are responsible for keeping Civey’s services running reliably and efficiently.
- As a DevOps Engineer, you design, build and optimize the infrastructure setup for Civey’s mission – critical servers, with an infrastructure as code approach.
- You are actively involved in making technical decisions to establish scalable and resilient architectures for both user-facing and internal projects in Civey.
- You take full ownership of the projects you work on – from maintaining and monitoring to automatization and performance-tuning.
- You work closely with our skilled software engineers and data scientists to develop, deploy and troubleshoot various Civey services.
What we expect: You are a Linux enthusiast and experienced in Python/Bash.
- You have been using Linux or macOS as your daily operating system for more than one year.
- You are not afraid of the Terminal and sometimes prefer command-line tools to GUI.
- You have used Python/Bash or any other script languages in multiple practical projects.
- You have in-depth knowledge about TCP/IP, HTTP, SSH, VPN, and DNS.
- You have worked with Git, SQL and Python development tools before.
- You have extensive experience with Nginx, Docker, and Ansible as a user.
- Bonus: You have experience in PostgreSQL / Kubernetes / Kafka as a sysadmin.
We’re offering more than just benefits.
- Our values: We’re combining a conclusive business model with our vision to give all people access to high-quality opinion research.
- International: Our team is from China, Italy, Brasil, Germany, Vietnam and many other countries. Those who want can join our weekly German course.
- Visa support: We support our candidates throughout the whole visa process.
- Personal development: We promise a steep learning curve and an opportunity to boost your career.
- Equality: We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage everyone, regardless of gender, nationality, sexual orientation, ethnicity or belief to apply at Civey.
- Fair deal: We’ve devoted ourselves to fairness and transparency – this is why we foster a culture of constructive criticism. In return, we ask for your full commitment.
- Good location: Our office is located between Mitte and Kreuzberg, close to Moritzplatz.
- Training: We cover 90% of the costs of books, conferences and workshops.
- Exercise: We cover your gym contract.
- Good start into the day: We offer you a healthy breakfast and fresh coffee.
- Team Events: Celebrate with your colleagues on a regular basis.
- Technical equipment: We’ll provide you with the equipment you need to be able to work efficiently.
- Ask-me-Anything: Every employee can anonymously ask questions that the directors have to answer publicly.
- Clear structure: We have a proven feedback system consisting of stand-ups, review meetings and retrospectives.
- Recreation: We offer 30 days vacation, flexible working hours, overtime compensation and home office if needed.
We are looking forward to your application.
Please send us your application including your CV, salary expectations and desired start date via https://civey.breezy.hr/.