DevOps Engineer // Sellics
As a profitable, global and rapidly expanding SaaS start-up from Berlin, Sellics is revolutionizing commerce on the world’s biggest online marketplace: Amazon.
We have developed an All-in-One solution for sellers and vendors, including everything they need to be successful on Amazon. Our integrated toolbox offers features for all aspects of business: Amazon SEO, Profit Analysis, PPC Campaign Management, Product Research, Review and Inventory Management and Competitor Tracking. And with more exciting features to be added in the future, we continue to shape this fast-growing industry with cutting edge software innovation.
As a bootstrapped company, Sellics values ownership and agility. As such, we are able to listen to customers and incorporate their feedback, and also pay close attention to the well-being of our employees. As a result, staff members not only enjoy working with us, but are actively involved in the development and success of the company.
Up until now, the developers responsible for each artifact/microservice have taken full responsibility for configuring AWS, deploying their code to it, and keeping it online.
We are very happy with the fact that our Dev’s are taking full operational responsibility for their work, but Ops work for the Dev teams can be time consuming. Our growing DevOps engineering team will be tasked with:
- Working with Software Development teams to understand the problems they are facing and he solutions they are using. Agree to some architectural standards about how applications are packaged, built and deployed.
- Creating templates, infrastructure as code and other automation to allow Developers to easily implement and manage the chosen solutions.
- Work with Developers to help them move their projects to the new system and learn how to be owners of their code within this new environment.
- You have 3+ years working experience operating production web applications on AWS.
- You have 1+ year working experience with terraform.
- You are very comfortable around a UNIX shell, and have experience installing and running Linux.
- You think like “Ops” when it comes to Security, high-availability and business continuity. Well managed access keys, and tight permission sets get you excited. Passwords in the clear lead to missing heartbeats.
- You have solid experience using a monitoring system to visualise and make decisions about systems operations. Even better if you have built such a system.
- You love working with other people, and are happy to support lots of engineers without “owning” anything yourself. This is about building DevOps culture and tooling. Not about taking Ops away from Dev.
- You have recent experience working in a startup, small company, or other somewhat unstructured environment.
- BONUS POINTS – not required but nice.
- You are an expert in CI/CD pipelines and have worked in groups of 30+ developers to build out CI/CD tooling and create the culture that leads to it’s consistent usage.
- Your a Linux Kernel/Virtualization Guru.
- You have solid production experience with containerization (Docker) and container orchestration.
- You have impressive experience building, architecting and/or operating a microservice based environment that deals with ingesting and querying terabytes of data each day.
- You’ve worked in senior role on production implementations with over 250 virtual machines as well as SQL based databases under heavy load.
- Your a guru of version control systems (Git), building automation (Maven, Jenkins)
- You are experienced in managing database-servers and/or working with DBA’s.
- You are experienced with distributed queues and systems
- A very well located office in the heart of Berlin Mitte incl. a rooftop terrace with pool
- Flexible office hours
- Flat hierarchies with open communication
- High level of responsibility and space to develop
- Urban Sports Club membership
- Self Improvement Grant
- Free food and drinks, regular team events
- Participation in our annual company trip – this year, we’ve been to Lisbon!