Director of Engineering (m/f/div) // PubNative GmbH
As a Director at PubNative, you will be part of an enthusiastic and highly driven executive team. You will be involved in strategic decision making and planning, potential M&A and investment discussions and report directly to the CEO.
Your role is to build and mentor the team in order to create and operate a set of market-leading advertising technology innovations. Our vision is to democratize advertising technologies by creating the next-generation ad-tech platform for the new era of mobile and connected devices based on open source technologies (we are part of Prebid.org).
You will lead and develop a culture of pragmatic growth, mentor your team members to their full potential, and innovate and drive toward novel solutions and efficient operations. We are seeking candidates with experience leading teams of over 10 engineers, ideally with a multi-disciplinary background (mobile, backend, data, data science, etc.)
Every day we grapple with fascinating software architecture questions on a global platform built on Go and Scala that operates at massive scale.
As the Director of Engineering (m/f/div) you will learn and teach, and you will work closely with the engineering teams and other leaders in our Berlin office.
Furthermore – we are proud to be part of a larger group which consists of top gaming publishers and media companies with further offices in the US (Seattle, Redwood, etc.), Korea, Turkey, Poland, and Germany (Hamburg) amongst others (15+ global offices). With this, you will have access to an extended network of talent and knowledge.
- Lead a group of teams to streamline execution and improve efficiency
- Mentor team leads and develop people at every level to their full potential
- Balance product roadmap, maintenance, and tech-debt
- Collaborate, advocate, and communicate with engineers and leaders across the organization
- Plan, execute and operate our business as efficiently as possible
- Design, build and integrate our technology
- Reduce and manage complexity
- Be an agent of change – see and improve the whole system
- Recruit, hire and grow people to be the best they can be
- At-least 6+ years of experience in software design and development related to distributed systems, multi-tier architecture, web-servers and APIs (at least 2+ years in management)
- Well-versed in core CS concepts like algorithms, data structures, and coding
- Knowledgeable about system architecture and design, scalability trade-offs, and budgeting
- Strong negotiation skills to hear and balance the needs of many , and guide them towards mutually beneficial solutions
- Ability to hold course, veering when necessary and correcting to reach goals
- Compassionate yet focused – work with the strengths and limitations of others to pave the way, challenging and growing those around you
- Passionate about leveraging the unique assets that each person brings to the team
- Creative problem solver – be informed by traditional or incumbent solutions, but contemplate novelty
- Pragmatic, with the ability to navigate uncertainty
- Experience within the ad-tech industry is a plus
More About You
- You are passionate about a culture of learning and teaching. You love challenging yourself to constantly improve, and sharing your knowledge to empower others
- You like to take risks when looking for novel solutions to complex problems. If faced with roadblocks, you continue to reach higher to make greatness happen
- You care about solving big, systemic problems. You look beyond the surface to understand the root causes so that you can build long-term solutions for the whole ecosystem
- You believe in not only serving customers but also empowering them by providing knowledge and tools
- You are an avid learner about new technologies and their potential applications within our industry
What we offer:
- Reimbursement of the public transport monthly cards (company BVG abo)
- Reimbursement of your private telephone bill
- 25 holidays per year
- Opportunities to attend, organize and speak at industry events & conferences
- Team events (individual and with group companies)