Engineering Lead // Kupfer Software
We are looking for a technical leader & driving force behind our engineering team. You dive deep into our technical architecture, communicate towards stakeholders, peers and lead the engineering activities for Kupfer. You have a hands-on attitude and passion for coding which helps you to guide and support other engineers to bring the highest value to our customers, with experience with scalable architecture and a great understanding of Front End technologies.
Building great web software at scale requires a multidisciplinary approach to engineering. To design our architecture for great products and source a vast experience of different domains, we have joined forces with the deep tech accelerator WATTx and their multidisciplinary teams. In cooperation with WATTx, you will have the opportunity to shape the software architecture and frameworks used, as well as the standards that govern our developments. You will design, test and build back end models, data sharing frameworks and relevant business logic.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Drive agile project management and help integrating good design principles into our iterative development approach
- Enforce our continuous integration routines, build and testing tools and other modern DevOps and deployment strategies
- Work on our microservices architecture and software design patterns
- Evaluate new technologies and their applicability within our stack
- Use basic data science tools and practices for reporting, visualization and integration
- Optimize our cross-platform web applications for low bandwidth
- Facilitate our international rollout and streamline localization
- Work with our product team as well as developers on technical requirements and contribute to developing new backend/frontend components
- Perform code reviews, mentor and onboard less experienced developers
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE
- Experienced with Docker and Kubernetes
- Minimum 5 years of experience with Python and Django
- Minimum 2 years experience with Angular
- Experienced with cross-platform web development (e.g. Ionic framework)
- Experience CSS compression and LESS
- Solid understanding of the web stack (HTTP, browser security etc)
- Experienced with PostgreSQL or similar relational database systems.
- Experienced with NoSQL database systems like MongoDB or CouchDB.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Diverse environment to learn and thrive in with our Kupfer and WATTx members
- Ownership and an empowered working environment with skilled sparring partners
- A generous learning budget for professional and personal development
- The opportunity to advance our product from its early stage and grow into a CTO position
- A competitive compensation package
Kupfer is building a state of the art digital solution designed to transform the way how an entire craftsmen & tradespeople profession handles their business. We are propelling them to manage their operations from everywhere and anytime – out of their pocket. Backed by one of the industry leaders in modern energy solutions we’re targeting millions of European craftsmen, currently drowning in paper-based processes, slowed down by outdated software tools.