Engineering Manager (f/m/d) // PEAT GmbH
Plantix is the world’s most downloaded app for farmers – combining artificial intelligence and the expertise of leading research institutions around the globe. Millions of customers use Plantix in order to identify diseases and nutrient deficiencies affecting their crops. For the first time in their farming life, they are able to obtain an accurate diagnosis. On top of this, we provide detailed advice on how to avoid crop loss and to minimise pesticide and fertilizer use. With Plantix, we are able to make a meaningful impact in farmers’ lives.
Would you love to join our team of over 40 people in Germany and India?
Who we are looking for
We are currently looking for a skilled and motivated Engineering Manager (m/f/d) in full-time. For our 10 heads team of backend engineers, data scientists and web-frontend developers, we are looking for someone with experience in leading teams, thriving collectively for efficient software solutions.
- You simply love clean code and perfect sprints.
- Your mother tongue is Python, some familiarity with Flask, MongoDB and Postgres would be nice
- You are very skilled in leading and motivating small teams, you structure their work-flows in an agile way
- You love to develop team members and bring along experience in hiring and on-boarding new colleagues
- You are experienced (5+ yrs) in planning, testing and launching software products
- You have an analytic and visionary mindset that helped you developing lasting software architecture in the past
- You are conceptually strong and have clear visions
- You have very strong communication skills in writing and in person
- You are a friendly person that loves to interact with others
- You can provide strong references from people you have led and seniors you worked for
What we offer
- The opportunity to get hands-on experience building a revolutionary and meaningful product while being able to implement own ideas
- Working for a growing, VC-backed, mission driven company that cares about its employees, a great work climate and of course pain reliefs for small farmers
- Flexible working hours and the possibility to work from home
- Employee stock-option plan
- Work at a modern, well-equipped office in the center of Berlin with a creative and inspiring environment (incl. fresh fruits, tea & coffee, a kitchen and relaxation area, a shower as well as 3 doggies at your disposal if you ever feel the need for furry company :)