Nutanix is disrupting the multi-billion dollar cloud infrastructure market as the first hybrid cloud platform that can incrementally scale out to handle petabytes of data, while running tens of thousands of virtual machines.This brings about exciting new challenges in building a cloud-scale distributed control plane that can serve a multitude of applications.
- Work closely with the UX, Visual Designers and API backend engineers to build a highly engaging UI that exceeds user expectations.
- Partner with the product and design teams to understand user needs and translate them into high-quality solutions and features.
- Participate in an ongoing process definition and technology selection to ensure that our technology stack is up to date with relevant trends
- Ensure the UI is properly tested
- Contribute to a healthy work culture in our growing UI team in Berlin
Qualifications and Experience:
- A Bachelors/Masters in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
- 4+ years experience working as UI Engineer (preferred)
- Experience with node.js/npm for the purpose of application setup, configuration, and tooling
- Experience with REST API semantics and design
- Experience with CSS preprocessors like LESS or Sass
- Understand and respect UX and its role in the development of excellent UIs
- Nice to have: familiarity with concepts of distributed data management, and design/implementation trade-offs in building clustered, high-performance, fault-tolerant distributed systems software
- Experience with browser debugging and profiling tools
- Track record of developing enterprise Web applications
What we offer:
- A unique Employee First company culture
- Lean, startup-like atmosphere, backed by a well established company
- The opportunity to make a real impact by disrupting the industry in an open-minded and innovative international team
- Freedom and responsibility based on trust, rather than micromanagement. With this freedom mistakes happen. We believe in the concept of ‘anti-fragility’; that shocks and failures can increase your capability, resilience and robustness. We make mistakes but we learn from them.
- Team lunches, team events, and a lot of fun
- Very good salary and a highly attractive benefits package (including stocks)
- Training, learning, and development opportunities
- Real career growth opportunities
- Pet friendly office
- Relocation package and assistance
- No one size fits all attitude. You can choose your hardware and software
Nutanix is an equal opportunity employer. The Equal Employment Opportunity Policy is to provide fair and equal employment opportunity for all associates and job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability.