Frontend Engineer // Popsure
Come work with us 👩💻👨💻
Do meaningful work. Take ownership. Push your ideas. Never stop learning.
Who we are
We’re committed to building a brand new insurance experience. We envision one without commission hungry brokers and one in which our customer’s best interests are always at the center.
When was the last time you were pleasantly surprised by an insurance company? We bet the answer is never and that’s exactly why we’ve built Popsure—to change that.
We’re a small, but ambitious team and we’re crazy about fintech and insurance. Our company was founded in 2018 by Rob (CEO) and Vincent (CTO). Vincent was one of the first employees at N26 where he was instrumental in building and scaling their iOS app. Rob was previously working at McKinsey where he consulted top insurance companies on how to improve their digital strategy.
What we’re looking for 👀
We’re looking for a web developer to help us push our website and our web app to the next level.
Once here you will:
- Work in tandem with designers and backend developers to achieve product goals.
- Be an active member of our small team, but also work autonomously and with self-motivation.
- Ideally, you’d have these set of skills:
- A keen eye for design – Your job is not only implementing a pixel-perfect design. We’re also here to listen to your feedback.
- You have experience in using a component-oriented approach and thinking in a reusable way.
- HTML, CSS, SCSS…
- Redux (optional)
- TypeScript (optional)
- Testing Unit with Jest and end to end with Cypress
Don’t be afraid to apply even if you’re missing a few bullet points in there! We’ll be delighted to help you learn new skills ☺️
What we offer
- Small team, flat hierarchy, mission driven, and no politics. The usual buzzwords here, except we actually mean them. We’re small, lean, and we love what we’re doing.
- You’ll be building a product that people need, and are grateful for. Our excellent Trustpilot reviews speak for themselves. We’ve built a product around people, and they love it!
- Budget for learning. We want you to grow with us, so we offer a €1,200 yearly budget that you can spend to learn new stuff (books, conferences, subscriptions, etc.).
- Freedom to grow and experiment. Learning is great and all, but what’s theory without practice? We actually let you try out what you’re working on.
So, what do you think? Does this sound like you? Apply now!
- We highly encourage people from under-represented groups in tech to apply.
- We encourage people without degrees to apply: we believe that what you’ve worked on and achieve is way more important.