Full Stack Developer // QiO
Full Stack Software Developers
The QiO product development team is looking for full stack software developers to join us in the development of cloud based applications using the latest cloud native application development patterns.
This is a rare opportunity to join a young dynamic digital software company with real industry visionaries at the helm.
QiO has been recognised as a Cool Vendor in 2017 by the analysts Gartner.
QiO is a fast-growing Industry 4.0 software company, headquartered in England that provides customers with a suite of A.I driven applications that predict maintenance failures, energy usage and optimise production.
We provide a platform for industrials and manufacturers to rapidly deploy advanced analytics with complete sovereignty over their data and innovation, and have a suite of industrial applications to help clients get quickly started on their Digital Journey including:
- Predictive Maintenance – we monitor the performance of critical equipment for major Oil & Gas producers to reduce costs and improve safety
- Industrial Performance – we digitally connect the employees in a business to help them achieve compliance to their Process Standards wherever they are in the world
- Responsive Production – we use real-time optimisation analytics and AI to transform the productivity of our client’s operations
- Predictive Energy – we provide real-time instructions to operators on how to save energy whether they are operating a Vessel or a Blast Furnace
- Smart Service – allows maintenance and repair operations with pre-approval of service and maintenance contracts and dramatically improve customer service
Only because the QiO platform is built from the ground up, with an open source philosophy and no legacy encumbrance on any cloud or software architecture, can QiO offer the best mix of functionality, flexibility, scaling and security standards available. There is simply no other data analytics platform as radically agnostic or flexible in the market today.
You are focused and passionate about building large-scale systems that take the best of open-source technologies but providing world class security. You understand that scale is not thousands of active points, but tens of millions.
Being an integral part of a product development team is important to you, you realise the benefit and significance of investing time in sharing knowledge within the team, knowing that teamwork is the driver to your success and QiO.
You want to work with some of the most talented people from around the world, in a company that is focused on liberating engineers and unleashing their talent.
- Good experience of software product development and product release
- Developed applications on cloud architecture and deploying software for large scale on AWS, Azure and Google Cloud Engine
- Expertise in designing and developing Microservices
- Rancher, Kubernetes, Docker and Helm
- Knowledge of Gitlab, Jenkins and Artifactory • Development on Mongo Db
- Experience in Agile methodologies and global team
- Aware of full stack software development and 12 Factor software patterns
- Security: Identity Management and Access, application security and static code analysis
Nice to have:
- Skilled in use of Java, Apache Kafka, and Spark streaming technologies
- Apache Spark SQL and Hadoop/HBase/HDFS NoSQL
- Cassandra/DataStax development within a Spark Cluster
- Integration frameworks such as Node-Red, MQTT, Nifi
- Workflow BPM/BPMN
To apply for this role you must be prepared to undergo security clearance. We will take you through the process with our third-party security form once an offer has been agreed.
Work experience with industrial clients, oil & gas, marine, aerospace and manufacturing
Minimum BSc in Computer Science or a physical science degree such as aerospace, mechanical or electrical engineering or mathematics and ideally with advanced degree in the above.