Full-Stack Software Engineer
Blair is offering Income Share Agreements as a Service to educational institutions. We enable every school in the US a simple way to offer outcome-based financing to align their incentives with their students. We are funded by world-class investors, including Y Combinator, Tiger Global, and multiple prominent Founders & Business Angels.
We deeply care about helping young people be financially independent and believe that financial freedom is a critical precursor for mental and physical health. We dream big and want to offer every person in the world access to the education they need to succeed in life. At Blair, you will work with an exceptional team on solving a fundamental societal problem.
We’re looking for a full-stack engineer who can help us build the future of student financing. You will work on a variety of projects surrounding our platform. We build products that move lots of money and impact the lives of our users significantly.
You will have a tremendous amount of influence on our product development and the ability to have a great impact on the future of student financing. As an essential team member, you will own dedicated projects and work closely with our CTO. There\’s no red tape. It\’s a small team, and we move fast.
- Enhance our payment platform to service multi-million dollar transactions
- Develop new features for our proprietary CRM to manage thousands of students
- Generate complex financial reports by combining countless data points
- Improve our self-service student flow and automate varying processes
- Expand our partner dashboard providing real-time student data
What we are looking for
- Ability to deliver results independently and to ask for the right resources if you get stuck
- Understanding of accessibility, responsive design, and website performance
- Ability to deal with the fast pace and ambiguity of a startup. Things change and sometimes you need to develop expertise as you go.
- Previous startup experience is a plus but not strictly necessary
- Ownership from Day 1
- Dynamic team and flat hierarchies
- Tackling a major societal challenge for this generation and the next to come
- Market-rate salaries and equity package
- Option to work in New York or San Francisco for a limited period
- Relocation assistance
- $100 monthly wellness or fitness allowance
- $500 annual learning or conference allowance
This job is not right for you, but you like what we are doing? We have other open positions as well: https://joinblair.com/careers