Full-stack Software Engineer // Datarade
Data impacts every decision made by humans and machines, increasingly becoming the world’s most valuable resource. At Datarade, we’re developing the first software platform that connects data buyers with data vendors across the globe at scale. We empower data buyers to discover quality data sources and help data vendors to build trusted relationships with their clients. And our journey has just begun.
We’re looking for a Full-stack Software Engineer to work closely with our CTO on building and maintaining our software platform. You’ll have an impact on all aspects of the platform including front- & back-end development, data science, database design, as well as security and infrastructure. Technology is changing fast, so we’re seeking someone that is not dogmatic about a single programming language or framework. You should be curious about learning new technologies and mastering the craft of software engineering.
- Lead the design and development of new modules and features
- Review code from peers and provide constructive feedback
- Collaborate with colleagues from business, product, and design
- Empathize with users and measure the impact of your developed features
- Build MVPs fast and iterate quickly for added functionality
- Support in building up a highly efficient engineering process
- Bachelor’s/Master’s degree in Computer Science (or similar)
- At least two (2) years of work experience in software engineering
- Fluent in English and a valid work permit for Germany
- Substantial experience in at least one programming language (preferably Ruby)
- Ability and curiosity to quickly learn a new technology/language/framework
- Work experience with Docker and version control systems like Git
- Extensive experience with relational databases like MySQL, PostgreSQL, etc.
- Strong knowledge of the DOM and how to manipulate it
- Experience with translating screen designs into user-friendly, well-styled front-ends using CSS/SCSS/SASS
- Ability to build automated tests
- Substantial experience with Rails or a similar MVC frameworks (e.g. Laravel)
- Experience with SEO optimization
- Experience with front-end frameworks like Angular, Vue, or React
- Previous data science and/or machine learning projects
- Experience with Redis or Elasticsearch
What we offer you:
- Participation in the employee stock option program
- Work on something new instead of a 20 year old COBOL backend
- Work closely with the co-founders team and shape the company from its early days
- Modern and centrally located office at Alexanderplatz with great access by public transportation
- Regular team events and offsites with friendly, smart and international colleagues
- Coffee and a stocked fridge with Club Mate and good German beer
- Macbook Pro or Thinkpad (based on your preference) and noise cancelling headphones
Preferred start date: October 1, 2019
Location: Berlin (Alexanderplatz, Alexanderstr. 1)
Feel free to attach your Github portfolio (or similar) with your application.
We’re looking forward to hearing from you!