About the team
As a Fullstack Software Engineer in Retail Operations you are part of the Zalando Supply Chain. You will be building the most important supplier facing tool to plan the delivery of approx. one million items per day. This application is part of our brand new Zalando Business Portal. We aim to make the whole delivery process as delightful as it can be – with tools having the potential to shape the future in this field. The role of a Fullstack Developer here is more Backend focused with a smaller Frontend component.
For more information about the Business Unit Retail Operations please visit this site: http://tinyurl.com/y6j5h5lo
Where your expertise is needed
- Build Java/Kotlin microservices backend applications, that communicate with other systems via REST APIs and Kafka-like events.
- Work on NodeJs/React frontend application connecting Zalando’s suppliers and internal users.
- Maintain continuous delivery for our applications, working with Github Enterprise and Pipelines deploying to Kubernetes clusters hosted in AWS.
- Monitor our applications’ health with Grafana dashboards and alerts.
- Participate in the whole software development lifecycle in an agile team: helping the product specialists with requirements, UX discussions, sprint planning and retrospectives. Every team member at Zalando acts like an owner.
What We’re Looking For
- 6+ years of professional experience in application development, with a focus on backend with Java or Kotlin.
- Good knowledge of relational databases and ORM frameworks.
- Practical knowledge of Docker, CI/CD: not afraid of deploying and operating your applications.
- Significant experience in building distributed systems with microservices and asynchronous messaging.
- Frontend development experience is a clear plus: JS ECMAscript, Webpack, CSS/HTML, and a single-page application framework such as React/Redux.
- Excellent analytical skills, an agile mindset – curious and proactive when it comes to software trends.
What We Offer
- Culture of trust, empowerment and constructive feedback, open source commitment, meetups, game nights, 70+ internal and fun guilds, knowledge sharing through talks, internal tech academy and blogs, product demos, parties and events
- Competitive salary, employee share shop, 40% Zalando shopping discount, discounts from external partners, centrally located offices, cantine, public transport discounts, municipality services, great IT equipment, flexible working times, additional holidays and volunteering time off, free beverages and fruits, diverse sports and health offerings
- Extensive onboarding, mentoring and personal development opportunities and an International team of experts
- Relocation assistance for internationals, family service and parent & child rooms
We celebrate diversity and are committed to building teams that represent a variety of backgrounds, perspectives and skills. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.
Please note that all applications must be completed using the online form – we do not accept applications via e-mail.