Senior Full-Stack Engineer
Who we are
At Deed, we are shaping the future of social good through a combination of tech, design, and culture. Our products help people and companies create positive change by making it easy, fun, and exciting to give back.
Deed’s award-winning social volunteering app is currently being used by tens of thousands of volunteers, helping over 1,000 nonprofit organizations fulfill their mission. Our enterprise platform enables brands to manage, track, analyze, and quantify the social impact of their employees, as well as their participating consumers. We are leading the path-to-purpose with trailblazers like Adidas, Stripe, and Airbnb. And that roster is growing, so we are looking for people with big hearts, and big brains, to join our passionate crew.
If you are someone who cares about social good (and technology solutions that scale social good), can work effectively in small teams, and are a self-starter who wants an opportunity to shape and have a meaningful impact at an early-stage startup, we invite you to apply for one of the positions below. Let’s do some good every day, together!
About the role
We are looking for a Full-Stack Engineer to join a growing team building innovative mobile and web technology solutions in the social impact space. The verticals that we tackle – volunteerism, fundraising for nonprofits, social impact measurement – are challenging but extremely rewarding. Opportunities for learning are incredible and the impact is unlimited. If you want to make progress happen, we welcome you to apply for this job. The Full-Stack Engineer will work with Product to understand business requirements and prioritize team needs, analyze defects, guide team members to completion, analyze existing programs, or formulates logic for new systems, including devise logic procedures, perform coding, and test/debug programs.
Duties and responsibilities
- Work across the stack to deliver new features from start-to-finish
- Build clean, performant APIs to power data visualizations
- Implement compelling, usable UIs; contribute to their design, and engineer them with React and Redux
- Improve performance and overcome scalability limits
- Own meaningful parts of our service, have an impact, grow with the company
- 4+ years of experience architecting & building solutions using web technology
- Interface with Product Managers to determine key requirements
- Work with Engineering, QA, Ops teams to identify and resolve code challenges
- Design and develop full-stack application business logic using ReactJS, React Native, Node.js, Go, & related technologies
- Team meetings, collaborative idea generation, etc.
- Strong development and design experience using ReactJS + React Native and Node.js (TypeScript experience preferred)
- Experience implementing REST APIs / GraphQL and CI/CD Process (continuous integration and continuous deployment), using CircleCI, AWS.
- Experience with databases (preferably NoSQL, e.g. MongoDB)
- Experience with automated testing
- Experience with scalability
- Experience with security testing
- Experience in implementing AWS best practices, including security & data migration
- Familiarity with server architecture, cloud, microservices-based
architecture, Git, and agile development methods
- Competitive equity package
- Help us change the world
- Cool office in Kreuzberg
- Opportunities for international travel (Brooklyn, Portland, San Francisco)
- Generous volunteering policy
- Flexible working arrangements
Our Team’s Culture & Benefits
At Deed, our ambition is to change the world for the better. This means that we have high expectations of one another, and ourselves. The work is challenging, fast-paced, and sometimes it extends beyond a 40 hour week. And yet, it works because we always have each other’s backs, and we always offer the flexibility to make daily choices that ensure we are sound in mind, body, and spirit.
A diverse and inclusive workplace is also an integral part of our culture. We actively welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives because that is how we best learn. From an operational perspective, our benefits include comprehensive health as well as professional development. All of this is to say that in order to do the best work of our lives, we understand that it begins with us – the people who work at Deed. If you are still enthusiastic after reading this, we’d love to meet and see if we’re right for one another.
Deed is an equal opportunity employer.