Head of Engineering (m/f/d) // volders
You do have a bunch of contracts, like phone, electricity, Internet, insurance, gym, etc.. Have you ever tried to cancel or negotiate any of them? We are sure your experience was bad. Here at Volders, we are fixing it!
Volders: Feel good about contracts
Anyone thinking of contracts should think of Volders: We organize the contracts of our customers perfectly. From termination to contract change. We make sure contracts just fit and are never overpriced. Our customers can lay back – they always have a good feeling about their contracts.
Volders has an informal, collaborative and ego-free environment, which promotes collaboration and idea-sharing. We use Ruby, Elixir and AWS to build our projects and fully embrace continuous delivery to ship new features.
As a Head of Engineering at Volders, you’ll shape how our products are built and launched. You’ll work hands-on together with the team on the planning and development of Volders products. You’ll also collaborate together with different stakeholders to guarantee the delivery of value to the company and customers.
What you’ll be doing:
- Manage the development of existing and new products (web, mobile and 3rd-party integrations)
- Work together with the team on optimizations for the current projects and infrastructure
- Help stakeholders to understand the scope and impact of planned features and projects
- Prioritize the scope and release strategy of new features in collaboration with stakeholders
- Constantly improve product monitoring and alerting systems, increasing visibility of system health and potential issues
- Create and organize an on-call schedule where software engineers can be proactive when issues need to be addressed
- Leadership: You are experienced in managing software development teams and are keen on sustaining a great culture to inspire and motivate your team; bonus if you have managed remote teams as well
- Business orientation: You feel comfortable working with business goals and can easily translate them into technical actionable tasks
- Architecture: Familiarity with infrastructure automation solutions e.g. Chef, Puppet, Ansible
- Automated Tests: You are proud about creating and shipping simple and well-tested code
- Project management: You have experience using agile methodologies (Scrum / Kanban)
- Ownership: You feel comfortable working by yourself and take ownership
- Communication: You have excellent spoken/written English (German is a plus) and know how to communicate with non-technical stakeholders
What you will get from us:
- Be part of an international team with experienced and passionate software developers
- Educational budget for professional and personal growth and access to a digital library full of books
- Regular events where we strengthen our team spirit and have fun!
- Office in a central location in Kreuzberg
- A sponsored BVG ticket
- On-site we offer free fruits, drinks and great coffee