Java Engineer (m/w/d) – remote possible
We’re looking for motivated and hands-on Senior Java Engineers who want to be an active part in developing the #1 tool for success on Amazon. This position is on our User Platform team, which is responsible for developing and maintaining core platform functionality such as authentication, authorization, administration, self-checkout, billing etc. Join a tightly knit group of engineers to tackle the interesting challenges which arise when developing the next generation of a solution that is already well established on the market!
If you’re interested in working with large data volumes, developing services from scratch and/or overhauling existing services in a fast-paced B2B SaaS environment (that still feels a lot like B2C sometimes), this challenge is for you!
- Work with a cross-functional team to deliver cutting-edge features
- Contribute to the technical strategy and product roadmap
- Design and implement systems architecture
- Find solutions to complex problems
- Refactor, migrate or re-architect legacy services to modern architectures based on Java 11
- Develop new systems using Kotlin and/or Serverless/Lambdas
- Contribute to and enrich our engineering culture
- Share your knowledge inside your team and across the whole engineering organization
We’re looking for people who:
- Have 3+ years of commercial experience as a software developer with Java (Java 8+)
- Have 3+ years of commercial experience with relational databases (Postgres preferred)
- Have a strong DevOps mindset: You believe a developer should be involved in deploying, running and monitoring an application
- Are familiar with cloud solutions, preferably AWS
- Are familiar with Spring, Spring Boot, Hibernate/JPA Frameworks
- Are comfortable working with Maven, Git and Jira
- Have experience working in an agile environment
- Care about quality, but can be pragmatic when the situation calls for it
- Are team players and good communicators
- Have a strong growth mindset and want to take their technical skills to the next level
Why should you join Sellics? We offer:
- A talented, growing company and tech/product team
- A very well-located office in the heart of Berlin Mitte incl. a rooftop terrace with pool
- Competitive compensation package and defined career paths
- High level of responsibility and space to develop
- Flexible working hours
- Urban Sports Club membership
- Free food and drinks, educational “Sellics Talks,” regular team events
- Self Improvement Grant funding for external educational pursuits, and additional time off for professional growth
- Professional coffee-machine, and the best coffee beans Berlin has to offer ;)
- Visa sponsorship and assistance for non-EU citizens
- A friendly, open, multi-cultural work environment with colleagues from over 35 countries
We are open for fully remote work – depending primarily on your timezone! Or if you’d rather relocate to Berlin, we can help with that, too! Let’s talk about it :)
Sellics is revolutionizing commerce, starting with the world’s biggest online marketplace: Amazon. From starting as a group of friends with targeted business insights and under €2,000 in self-invested startup capital, we’ve transformed into the force we are today: a growing and funded Scale-Up company providing data-driven and Ai-powered B2B SaaS solutions to help Sellers, Vendors, and Agencies across the world be successful on Amazon.
The secret to our success is our team, a group of more than 110 highly-engaged, intelligent, dynamic employees from over 35 countries, spread out across our offices in Berlin and New York City. We’re a pack of people who care about each other, the values we live by, and the success story we’re all helping to write. But don’t just take our word for it… here’s what our teammates themselves (and other candidates!) have written about us on Glassdoor. And, check out this video for even more of a sneak peek of life at Sellics!
Ready to take our company and your career to the next level? We’re looking forward to your application!
We’re proud of our unique culture and the range of experience and perspectives that make it up. As an equal opportunity employer with a friendly, inclusive, and diverse workplace, we eagerly welcome applications from people with all backgrounds and identities.