Permanent, Full Time
About the role
How you will contribute
- Analyzing requirements and translating them into technical solutions
- Ensuring that your solutions are aligned with our engineering principles (Simplicity, Speed, Stability, Scalability, Security)
- Owning and improving the quality and delivery of the solutions you build
- Not only participating, but actively contributing to the processes in your team and the department
- Taking part in the planning and estimation of your team’s initiatives for sprints and quarters
- Sharing your expertise and knowledge with others as well as helping them to grow
- Contribute to the tech roadmap, the tech radar and our collectives
Who you are
- You want to be part of and contribute to an inclusive environment
- You love to work in a diverse team with people from a variety of backgrounds, cultures and with different levels of experience
- You are excited about technology and how it can improve what we do every day
- You have a passion for good UI/UX
- You are able to balance the investment and value of the things you do
- You live up and identify yourself with the values of our company – honest, humble, helpful, hungry
We are Zenjob, a Berlin-based fast-growing digital staffing company backed by strong international investors including Acton Capital, Atlantic Labs, AXA Venture Partners, Forestay Capital, and Redalpine Venture Partners. Our technological staffing solution is used daily by thousands of students and hundreds of well-known brands in sectors such as e-commerce, logistics, fashion retail, food retail, and hospitality.
Having recently closed our $30m Series C financing round, we will continue a rapid roll-out of our services across Germany and beyond into the international market.
For us at Zenjob our culture is our key to success. We live every day by our four values: honest, humble, hungry and helpful. We embrace inclusiveness as the core element to shape diverse and therefore powerful teams.
Engineering at Zenjob
Technology is core to Zenjob’s vision. Our engineers from all over the world are building the services that power our platform – our mobile and web apps, our matching core, and the digital document management system. Engineering works alongside Product to support every department to create value for our users and customers. We love to adopt new technologies, and strive for ownership and excellence to build the work platform of the future. To achieve this goal, we base everything we do on our 5 engineering principles: speed, simplicity, stability, scalability and security.
Zenjob wants to create a great experience for both talents looking for work, and companies searching for part-time help. To meet our users needs we are organised into two value streams with multiple cross-functional teams. A third value stream provides the infrastructure, as well as shared services.
On top of that, we are building an internal engineering community that supports our growing team and maintains best practices and technical excellence throughout the department. Building a large scale platform is not only a technical challenge, but an exciting social and organisational one as well.
Our tech stack
Our platform is powered by AWS, Kubernetes, Istio, Terraform and Docker. These tools form the foundation that allow us to deploy and scale fast and easily. Everything is monitored and logged by Prometheus and Grafana including request tracing for better observability.
Our microservices and backends are running on Nodejs, and Java with Spring Boot and Groovy, which include easy-to-use templates for new microservices.
On the client-side we run on React and Redux with the help of a Microfrontends for the web, while we use Swift for iOS and Kotlin for our Android Apps.
We test our software by using Selenium, JUnit, Spock, and React-testing-library.
We store data in various persistence technologies like Kafka-Streams, Postgres and Redis, while also using SQS and REST for both asynchronous and immediate service-communication. We make use of technologies like ElasticSearch to perfectly match talents to the right job.
We empower our teams to experiment with new technologies by using our Technology Radar, in order to give great user experience for our customers. The insights we gain from our users flow back into our product development through A/B testing and constant feedback.
- Flexible working hours
- Relocation support and visa sponsorship
- Diverse and inclusive workplace
- Free catering once a week
- Yearly personal conference budget
- Free language courses
- Great equipment
- Free drinks & fruits
- Collaboration on choice of technology
- Collectives & meetups to learn and improve
If this sounds good, then we’d love to hear from you
Please send us your CV and outline briefly why this position is of interest to you, what you will add to the team and what you’re most passionate about.