Jr. Data Warehouse Engineer (d/f/m)
Help us prevent the coming labor shortage disaster of essential workers in Europe so that everyone can get medical care by nurses 🚑, everyone’s trains arrive punctually 🚋, everyone’s parents can get human elderly care 👵.
In 2021, we powered 1% of Germany’s hires through HeyJobs.
Over 4.000 employers win their talent through our machine learning algorithms.
We positively impacted the lives of 100.000 essential workers by finding better jobs on our career platform. Learn more here.
With over €50M funding and a team of 400+, we are expanding to revolutionize the European job market (from Berlin, Cologne and Vienna).
Join the HeyVolution. 💛
An impactful role in a high growth company: As a Data warehouse engineer you will be responsible for designing, building, and maintaining the data warehouse infrastructure that supports the organization’s business intelligence and analytics needs. You will collaborate closely with the data engineering, data analytics, and marketing engineering teams to understand their requirements and translate them into scalable and efficient data warehouse solutions. In addition, you will ensure the security, availability, and performance of the data warehouse by implementing monitoring and alerting systems, optimizing queries, and troubleshooting issues as they arise. Your work will have a direct impact on the company’s ability to make data-driven decisions and achieve its strategic goals.
Check our blog, linkedin, techblog & our modern tech stack.
🎯 How you can contribute to HeyJobs
- As a DWH Engineer in the BI team, you will have the technical ownership of our Data Warehouse and will need to take architecture decisions and find engineering solutions for scalability, reliability, and availability.
- You will design end-to-end ETL pipelines, implement data modeling solutions, and build a data infrastructure that enables our BI Analysts and Business Stakeholders to make meaningful data-driven decisions,
- Collaborate with Data Scientists and Machine Learning engineers to create and train models that are part of the Budget Distribution algorithm, one of the HeyJobs key products.
- Ensuring data consistency, quality, and availability will be one of your main goals.
- Based on your strong business sense, you will align the data architecture with our business needs and goals towards helping the business make better-informed decisions every day.
- You will be responsible for the technical specification of our projects and the implementation of projects to improve and maintain our infrastructure.
- As a part of your day-to-day job, you will leverage modern technologies and tools (Redshift, Snowplow, Airflow, Tableau, Great expectations, Terraform, etc.)
🤝 What sets you up for success
- Completed degree preferably with a focus on statistics, mathematics, computer engineering, or a related field.
- Work experience in Engineering/Development in a Business Intelligence capacity or similar.
- Strong SQL is a must + Experience with Python for ETL
- You have a passion for clean code (SOLID principles) and you are experienced with writing unit tests. (Pytest is preferred)
- Exposure to Redshift or other comparable DWH technologies is required, as well as with ETL systems.
- You are comfortable managing large amounts of data in an efficient and scalable way.
- You are familiar with best practices for data modeling and architecture.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills and an eye for details.
- Strong willingness to understand and drive the business meaning and impact of data.
- Ability to work in a fast and practically oriented environment.
- Clear and structured communication of ideas.
- You are also part of the Data Engineering Guild which is an internal group of professionals from various data teams that regularly meet to share knowledge and learn together.
- Fluent in English.
- dbt – for data transofrmation
- Great expectations – for open source data quality
❤️🔥 What you will love about us
- People & Values: We treat people in the way people should be treated, we bring out the best in everyone, we put our people first. Learn more here.
- Work-Life Balance: 28 holidays*, plus 1 additional day p.a., minimum 3 weeks work from anywhere per year and a 1-month paid sabbatical* every 3 years, flexible work hours
- Growing individually and as a team: 7 step career framework, bi-yearly performance reviews, 3 days of yearly educational leave & 500€ budget*, HeyJobs Leadership Training Programs, in-house German classes
- Benefits: €50 monthly allowance* with Ben Card to spend on something you actually need and want. HeyJobs discounts for sustainable products and services via FutureBens & more
- Societal Impact Employee Groups: Follow your passion with HeySustainability, HeyVoices, HeySisterhood, HeyPeace or found your own circle
- Events & Feel Good initiatives: Fresh fruit, great drinks, monthly team lunch, 3 company-wide events per year, quarterly team events & plenty of feel good initiatives
- Great offices with high quality equipment: MacBook / ThinkPad, Sennheiser Headset, screen for home office + additional hardware; HQ Berlin (Kreuzberg, Paul-Lincke-Ufer); HeyHub Cologne (Design Offices Gereon), HeyHub Vienna (centrally located in 1020 Vienna) all with standing desks, hybrid set-up meeting rooms & AC – good public transport connections & great lunch options
At HeyJobs diversity and inclusion is key to creating a culture attracting the best talent and ultimately leading to achieving our vision. Together, we are 30 different nations, 45% women and 50% female leaders.
We are explicitly not hiring anyone who discriminates on the basis of religion, national origin, gender-identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or any other aspect that makes you.. We encourage individuals from LGBTQIA+ and other underrepresented groups to apply.
We are proud to have been continuously ranked as one of Berlin’s best tech employers!
See for yourself: Top Startup Employer (German), Kununu, Glassdoor, Top 25 LinkedIn Startups.
*offers may differ for international hubs.