(Junior) Android Developer (m/f/d) // Vimcar
Vimcar is redefining business mobility by seamlessly integrating commercial vehicles into digital ecosystems. An innovative combination of live car data and a set of cloud-based applications offers real-time insight into vehicle activity and support for administrative tasks.
Backed with € 18+ Mio. by renowned VCs including Acton Capital, Coparion and UVC, our products make everyday life easier for our customers while saving them money at the same time. This has helped us connect more than 70,000 vehicles already and win customers like Allianz, Zalando, Deutsche Bahn and Ford.
We have the unique opportunity to become Europe’s leading fleet-tech SaaS company. More than 100 employees are now pursuing our goal while we rapidly expand our connected-car ecosystem and scale our current customer base to 200,000 active vehicles and beyond – within just the next few years.
(Junior) Android Developer (m/f/d)
- Department: Technology
- Reporting Line: VP Product
- Working Hours: Full Time
- Duration: Permanent
- Required Languages: English (C2)
With initial experience in Android development (Java & Kotlin), you are searching for an environment, where complex user problems are tackled, new ideas are welcome and quick progression is possible.
- You build advanced user interface applications for Android based on our existing software architecture framework.
- In collaboration with a cross-functional team of designers and product managers, you maintain existing code but also define, design, implement and ship new features.
- You write unit-test code for robustness, including edge cases, usability, and general reliability.
- You support the adoption of Kotlin into our existing Java code base whenever appropriate and reasonable.
- To maximise development efficiency, you continuously and proactively discover, evaluate, and implement new technologies.
- Released at least one app to the Google Play Store, having gained an understanding of the full mobile development lifecycle
- Around 1 to 3 years of experience in native Android development with strong skills in Java and Android SDK as well as at least initial experience with Kotlin
- Experience with design patterns & object-oriented programming
- Good understanding in working with remote data via RESTful APIs using JSON
- [BONUS] Experience with Continuous Integration and writing Unit Tests
- [BONUS] Experience with RxJava and RxAndroid
Why should you join us? At Vimcar, you can take an established StartUp through an exciting growth period with significant VC backing.
- Successful, established StartUp with an international team operating in a fast-growth environment,
- Small team of mobile engineers with flat hierarchies and a modern tech stack adopting Kotlin as well as a Senior colleague to learn from,
- Permanent full-time position with flexible working hours, free language classes & ****a company laptop,
- Access to company carsharing, fresh fruit and free drinks around the office, frequent company events, and choose from a variety of other perks, including a membership with Urban Sports Club.
Sounds like you? Send us your application (CV or LinkedIn/Xing) today using our online application form. Reach out to [email protected] if you have any question – we’re happy to help.