Junior Backend Developer
READY TO BE A RESOURCEFUL HUMAN?
Ready to work without a boss? Whenever and wherever you want?
Ready to not just learn Backend, but architecture, business and Customer Impact?
Ready to go Tech to the Future and share an office with a VR Submarine and a DeLorean time machine?
If you\’re ready, RH is for you. At Resourceful Humans we are so out of the box, we forgot where we put the damn box. We are an award-winning technology company creating bleeding-edge performance management software to enable teams and companies to work as networks instead of hierarchies. We do this with a video game-inspired AI ally called AImee, whose job it is to make you the best version of yourself (and to crack you up) Still not enough? Well, we also create kick-ass multiplayer VR video games based on the adventures of great leaders. Put that in your pipe and smoke it. Now we are looking for a courageous young backend developer!
JOB TO BE DONE
You’ll be prototyping the sh**t out of stuff that has never been done. Anywhere. Not Google. Not Facebook. Not Apple. Nowhere. We want you to make Tony Stark jealous and Elon Musk tweet about us!
Here’s the game you need to bring:
- Node.js (major npms: express, sequelize, jest);
- SQL knowledge (postgresql)
You have advantage if you have knowledge:
- graphql (Apollo Graphql)
- AWS services
- following TDD (Test Driven Development) principles.
- Experience in C++ and Python.
- You have a VR rig
- Experience with Git
- German proficiency, besides English, is a plus. You can be junior, but you cannot be chicken. ‘Cause we are going Tech to the Future’.
and in general:
- be passionate about programming as an art form. We had a CTO who believed that coding was like shoveling sh*t with a hammer. He’s gone now.
- Self-Organization skills: We don’t give orders. You won’t have a boss. You will be expected to find your own work and complete it, based on our overall priorities. Basically, we are asking you to be an adult at work. Communication skills: We want you passionate. Yelling is ok to fight for your ideas if it comes from the heart, not your ego. No one will throw ashtrays at you (again).
WHAT YOUR JOB WILL LOOK LIKE, YOU ASK?
We are literally doing stuff that’s never been done. Turning mean hierarchies into people-friendly entrepreneurial networks. Visualizing organizations as living systems in real-time. So you need a crazy passion for computational and interface design with a strong interest in generative and procedural design processes. Your contributions are likely something that has never existed before, has no benchmark, and no clear design brief, so you need to be able to think on your feet and deal with a high level of ambiguity. On the upside, what you create is going to change the world. Your contribution will help thousands of people make better decisions and create more humane workplaces, by creating data-driven products that enable kick-ass decision-making in a peer-to-peer world.
You’ll probably be feeling comfortable with us if you describe yourself as:
- Thinking of Others first
- Tolerant for a family run business (crazy founders)
- Totally fascinated by AI, Visualizations and VR · Self-Organized, Passionate & fully Committed
- We offer the possibility of working from anywhere (after a Berlin-based onboarding), a peer-bonus system, the best office in Berlin, and unlimited vacations based on your personal needs
Resourceful Humans is dedicated to evolving the human condition through work technology. We believe that if we spend 70% of our lives at work, shouldn’t the way we work represent the best of the human species, instead of the worst?
The PR speak: We’re an award-winning hybrid technology / consulting company founded by Angela Maus and Heiko Fischer in 2011. The main office is located in Berlin, Germany with outposts in Serbia, Spain and Argentina. RH is dedicated to enabling companies and teams to abandon hierarchy, politics & bureaucracy and work as smart, entrepreneurial networks. The company’s goal is to provide individuals in organizations with intuitive digital workout tools for performance, feedback and meeting management. It won the prestigious HR Excellence Award as Innovation of the Year for democratizing Haufe umantis, as well as being praised by global Business Gurus Gary Hamel and David Marquet as THE way to create leaders at every level. With the VR DIVE, a VR experience RH is providing a worldwide unique training format that brings people and change management to the next era.
Hey, we’d love to hear from you!