Junior CRM Administrator (m/f/d)
Passionate to eat better, Infarm was founded in Berlin in 2013 by Osnat Michaeli and the brothers Erez and Guy Galonska. With the aim to share the goodness of own-grown produce with everyone, they developed a smart modular farming system, that allows distribution of farms throughout the urban environment, growing fresh produce in any available space and fulfilling any market demand.
Today, with cutting edge R&D, patented technologies, and a leading multi-disciplinary team, Infarm is growing a global farming network helping cities become self-sufficient in their food production while significantly improving the safety, quality, and environmental footprint of our food.
Be part of the Infarm (r)evolution and help people to take back ownership of their food.
Who you are
- You’re excited about our vision to reshape the food industry.
- You believe diversity, collaboration and teamwork are key drivers for success.
- You thrive in an environment where you can take ownership and solve hard problems.
- You love a challenge and want to do well while doing good.
- You want to expand your horizons and grow with us as we grow.
We are looking for an enthusiastic CRM Admin to join our Corporate Sales Team. You will support the team by maintaining and further developing Infarms current CRM strategy. You will be helping by optimizing data, assisting internal stakeholders, documenting and creating CRM learning material that enables our internal users to benefit from CRM data. You will help establish new KPI and regular sales and customer success reports to our regional teams.
As Infarms CRM administrator you:
- Work closely with our CRM Lead to implement our CRM strategy.
- Support, maintain and develop all CRM related topics
- Optimize data, create and maintain all CRM related KPI and performance dashboards for internal and external stakeholders.
- Customize page layouts, data entry points and create new workflows.
- Evaluate, create the scope and completion of new development requests
- Create, update and maintain all CRM related training materials.
- Conduct user workshops all over the world (remotely) for new and existing teams.
- CRM related administrative roleCreate regular reports for internal and external stakeholders.
- Support on new projects related to Sales and Customer Success.
- 2+ years’ previous work experience in a CRM related role,or relevant experience.
- In depth knowledge of translating business needs into technical solutions.
- Able to multitask, prioritize, and manage time efficiently, as well as goal-oriented, organized team player
- Experienced user of Atlassian products like Jira & Confluence.
- Understanding of product development, user research and feature implementations.
- Self-motivated and self-directed with excellent interpersonal relationship skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and constantly changing environment
- Fluent in English
- Authorization to work in Germany
What we offer
- Take opportunities: Join Infarm as we expand across the globe and change the future of farming
- Drive Impact: Be a true partner to the business, working closely with top-level managers
- Accelerate Growth: A friendly work environment with a diverse group of motivated, talented, and visionary colleagues
What’s also in for you
- Stay up-to-date: Regular global & regional All-hands meetings and Lunch & Learn sessions
- Meet your colleagues: Join our employee resource groups or (virtual) company activities
- Take some time off: 30 days of annual paid time off, and an extra day off on your birthday
- Be well: 24/7 professional counselling and various internal Health & Wellness initiatives (Yoga, Diet & Nutrition, and many more)
- Travel to Work: Free monthly BVG ticket and subsidized Swapfiets Bike Program
- Enjoy your meal: Choose between subsidized meal vouchers or a free onsite lunch, and additional snacks & drinks
- Save Up: Subscribe to your corporate pension scheme and look out for corporate discounts with more than 800 brands
Infarm is an equal opportunity employer. We strive to grow an inclusive environment, where everyone can thrive, regardless of your background and circumstances. We nurture diversity because we appreciate the uniqueness and differences between people. Each employee’s distinctive experiences, perspectives, and viewpoints helps us build a resilient environment, where we can all learn, grow, and create great things together. All applicants are given equal opportunity regardless of age, gender identity or expression, language, disability, ethnic origin, national origin, religion, belief, culture, socio-economic status, or sexual orientation.