Klarna Engineering Graduate Program 2020
Klarna makes shopping smoooth. And we do it with flair because shopping is fun. Every day, we help customers, businesses, and partners explore just how smoooth the modern shopping experience can be.
It means we’re constantly changing the game. Always trying out new things. And we encourage our people to do the same. To grow. To develop. Because we don’t believe roles have to stay fixed. Instead we inspire our people to take an irregular career path. As a company of 350 dynamic start-ups, our whole business is built for it. So once you’re in, there’s no telling what will happen next.
Role purpose and background
Engineering at Klarna is an inspired, customer focused community, dedicated to crafting solutions that redefine our industry. Working in small, highly collaborative Agile teams, you and your team will have a clear mission and ownership of an important outcome that supports Klarna and our customers. At Klarna we optimize for quality, flow, fast feedback, focusing on end-to-end ownership, continuous improvement, testing, monitoring and experimentation. We aim for teams that are inclusive and helpful, with a strong sense of ownership for the things they build.
Our engineers make some of the most significant decisions for the company and we are looking for bold, open and curious developers. As a Klarnaut, you’ll be inspired to contribute to the growth of Europe’s most highly valued fintech and your work will reach millions of users.
Want to be part of the change? We are now seeking talented graduates who are passionate about using their skills and ideas to be part of our 12 month Graduate Program starting in October 2020.
What you’ll get to do
- Work on specific problem spaces critical to Klarna’s current needs where you will design, develop and deploy frontend and backend services with a focus on scalability, high availability and low latency
- Receive technical training, so that you understand the technical ecosystem at Klarna
- Collaborate and grow in a dynamic and autonomous environment while working in small, agile and cross-functional teams
- Use the latest technologies to solve real problems for our customers at a massive scale
- Share your knowledge and build creative solutions while helping the team evolve best practices
Depending on your team, some of the technologies you’ll get to work with will include
- Java with Spring or Spring Boot
- Splunk, Ansible, Terraform, Jenkins, Docker and Kubernetes
- PostgreSQL, DynamoDB, Elasticsearch
- Microservices architecture on AWS
You should have
- Good problem-solving skills
- Prior to the Graduate Program starting in October 2020, you will have completed a bachelor’s degree (or higher) in Computer Science or a related discipline
- Working proficiency in English
- Interest and ability to learn other coding languages as needed
We value open source, here’s some of our work – https://github.com/klarna
How to apply
Send over your CV in English and include your university grades. The deadline for all applications is 31 July 2020.
To be considered for this program you will need to be able to prove that you can legally work in the EU. We will not be able to assist with visa sponsorship or relocation for this position.
What we can offer you
Culture – You’ll have an opportunity to work with talented people from 90+ different countries in our brand new English speaking offices in Berlin city center.
Learning – We have a learning and development focused environment with an emphasis on knowledge sharing, training, and regular internal technical talks.
Compensation – You’ll receive an attractive salary, pension, and insurance plans, plus we offer all of our employees an opportunity to invest in a RSU program and own a stake of the company. You’ll also receive 30 days annual leave and since we recognize that life is about more than work, we offer benefits for gym memberships and discounted lunch through Smunch. We also support our working parents, so you don’t have to choose between work and family.
We know diverse teams are strong teams, so we welcome those with alternative identities, backgrounds, and experiences. Our teams include women, men, mothers, fathers, the self-taught, the college-educated, and people from all over the world.
Klarna was founded in Stockholm, Sweden in 2005. Since then, we’ve changed the banking industry forever. And now we’re creating the world’s smooothest shopping experience. We serve 80 million consumers worldwide, and partner with 190,000 merchants – with a new merchant joining us every 8 minutes. Including some of the world’s leading brands, such as H&M, ASOS, IKEA, Adidas, Samsung and Lufthansa. Our offices are spread over 17 different markets, hosted by +2,500 people from 90 nationalities.