About the role
Hi there, I am Matthias and I am looking for an experienced web developer that can assist me in working on the development and maintenance of different web apps. Longitude is a tiny Berlin based webdev company, creating software for the coffee industry. For the moment we work exclusively for the Belgian companies Schuilenburg and Perfect Moose. We are developing a brand new web app for Schuilenburg’s customers. Futhermore, we maintain and develop different apps for perfect moose. All apps are written in React with a Node.js server as backend.
This is a very demanding position as you will take the responsability for the different apps that are in production. We are only interested in highly ambitious people that want to lead by example, get things done and thrive in fast moving environments.
As you will be hired as one of the first people on the team, you will have the opportunity to play an important role in the future of the company. If you are not afraid of getting your hands dirty, are hard working and ready for a challenge, please read on and apply.
We can employ you in Germany (Berlin) if you are eligible to work in the EU. Remote is not prefered but can be disucussed upon request.
- Deep understanding of Web technologies, tooling and browsers
- High proficiency with React.js & Node.js
- Intrinsic motivation for clean code and simplicity
- An eye for UX and UI
- You love writing tests for your code
- Other languages (machine or human)
- Familarity with next.js, gatsby, chakra-ui, formik, cypress, jest, pdfkit, D3, Nivo
- Experience with the shopify system (api’s, storefronts, polaris design system)
- Ability to write complex SQL and or have experience maintaining databases (Postgres/SQL Server)
- Experience in developing data heavy applications and/or dashboards
- Experience with one or multiple could providers (AWS/GCP/Digital ocean)
- Be one of the first employees of Longitude
- Urban sports club subscription
- Great influence on the technical stack
- A fun and challenging atmosphere