Mid-level Java Backend Developer (m/w/d) // Taledo
Taledo is a digital recruitment platform – we connect top candidates with top companies in Germany. Our focus is on IT, Sales and Marketing roles in digital companies. Through steady growth we continuously expand our branches of business. Our team size has doubled since last year and we are happy to welcome you on board at our office at Berlin Alexanderplatz as a new team member.
We are able to find perfectly matching jobs for candidates in market leading companies in Germany thanks to our professional Team and our innovative technology.
Our ambitious team consists of 17 different nationalities and is working hard to become the #1 digital recruitment platform.
ABOUT THE ROLE
As Mid-Level Backend Developer you are an important team member and you have direct impact on our Product through your work. You are able to see your code integrated on the platform days after starting to work at the office, aka you will see your impact and your personal contribution to digitizing a huge offline industry directly. Weekly feedback by our hands-on CTO and open communication culture complete your learning curve.
- You are able to work independently on the development of the backend and you get ownership over parts of it
- You are coming to an agreement on certain end-to-end features with the Frontend Development team
- You have direct impact on the product and you are going to see your code integrated immediately after starting to work at Taledo
- You are going to specialize on a field within the Backend team and share your knowledge with the team later on and vice versa
- You have the opportunity to benefit from your colleagues special skills and know-how
- You have minimum 2 years of experience with Java and you’ve already worked with relevant Backend Technologies
- Experience in the field of infrastructure, especially Docker is a plus
- Experience with ReactJS and/or Ruby on Rails is a plus
- You are able to develop architectural concepts through your problem-oriented and analytical style of thinking
- You stay technologically up-to-date
- You have a qualitative working style
- You have successfully completed your academic studies in Computer Science or a related field of study
- At Taledo you will work with a highly motivated team in a truly international atmosphere
- We provide a professional environment that allows you to stay focused but also leaves room for creativity
- Open and honest communication on all levels is important to us
- We are always open to constructive feedback and expect the same from you
- Knowledge sharing and constant learning are pillars of our culture hence we give you the opportunity to work on interesting side projects and develop your core or non-core competencies
- We offer responsibility from the start in a flat hierarchy environment with a doer & maker mindset
- We provide breakfast, sweet and salty snacks, fruits and drinks
- We organize regular team events and keep the atmosphere in the office very casual and friendly
- We have flexible working hours and offer additional vacation entitlement for every year you are part of Taledo
- Our office and the team is pet friendly