Principal Engineer (f/m/x)
As a part of Strategic Growth Businesses (SGB) of Amadeus, travel audience unit is the world’s leading data-driven travel advertising platform. travel audience harnesses the power of home-grown tech, combined with cutting-edge machine learning practices to connect the leading performance-oriented travel brands with the biggest network of publishers, reaching Billions of travellers globally.
Our aim is to optimize advertising across the entire traveller journey, identify and create new audiences, and increase our partners reach, relevance and booking volumes.
We are searching for a Principal Engineer to join our Engineering team!
What you will do:
- You will drive the architecture and design as well as implementation for all of our systems, including real-time backend systems and critical data pipelines.
- You will support the evaluation of potential external partners and be driving integrations as a technical expert.
- You will take ownership of the full development cycle while ensuring the systems are running correctly and efficiently.
- You will work with different teams to drive critical technical projects and initiatives.
- You will evangelise engineering best practices, improve processes and raising the engineer quality standards.
- You will report directly to the CTO and you’ll be collaborating closely with the Engineering Managers on several domains.
Why join us?
As part of our team, you will work in a highly motivated environment, with equal opportunities, flat hierarchies and short decision-making processes. You’ll have a lot of freedom to contribute your own ideas and implement them.
- The opportunity to drive business growth and truly having an impact on the business;
- A dynamic industry where you handle new problems every single day;
- An environment where you are encouraged to research, explore and try new ways of doing things;
- An open and dynamic culture that supports great work-life balance.
- You constantly see problems through different trade-offs and consciously choose the approach that is the most suited for the current situation with information at hand. You keep the holistic picture in mind while making more localised decisions.
- You have strong experience with different programming languages and paradigms (including strong expertise with JVM)
- You have significant experience driving the design of internal and external APIs
- You have a proven track record of designing complex systems and large-scale architecture
- You are passionate about engineering best practices and are dedicated to ensuring quality via testing.
- You are dedicated to learning and improving continually and enjoy helping others grow with you.
- You have excellent verbal and written communication skills in English and enjoy working in a dynamic, international, and innovative environment.
You contact person is Stela at firstname.lastname@example.org and we encourage you to get to know us better at https://careers.travelaudience.com/
We are awaiting your application and looking forward to starting our journey together!