Release Manager for Parity Ethereum // Parity Technologies
Parity Technologies builds core infrastructure for blockchains and Web 3.0 technologies. This means dealing with P2P networking, consensus algorithms, cryptography, databases, and decentralized applications.
We strive to write the fastest, lightest, and safest core technology in blockchain and write lots of open-source code.
Parity Ethereum is one of the company’s most successful open source projects, with thousands of users across many different groups, from miners to infrastructure providers to end-users. As the Release Manager for this project, it is your responsibility that PRs go from submitted to merged into a working build that is ready to be distributed to the end-user. Alongside ensuring that releases get built and tested properly, you will also engage in issue triaging and prioritization of incoming issues from the community. Being on the forefront of this project and engaging with the community, you will have great opportunity to influence the roadmap and maintenance of Parity Ethereum. You should be passionate about open-source software and keen on bringing in new external contributors to the project.
- Significant experience working with GitHub and open-source software communities.
- Previous experience doing release management of cross-platform binaries.
- Experience working with GitLab CI.
- Empathic and a good communicator.
- Passionate about open-source software and building a community of open-source contributors.
- Experience in QA and testing.
- Knowledge of the Rust programming language.
- Involved in the Ethereum community.
Responsibilities may include
- Follow and improve upon the internal release checklist to create regular releases, including creating release notes and ensuring important patches are properly backported to stable releases.
- Creating and planning the release schedule for Parity Ethereum releases.
- GitHub Issue triaging and prioritization, possibly reaching out to individual developers who should see an issue.
- Following up on PRs to make sure they get proper review by Core Devs and are merged in a timely manner.
- Working with GitLab CI to make sure the build pipelines are optimized and work well.
- Helping coordinate communication between external parties and Core Developers.
- Working at Parity means focusing on the stuff that counts: building of the most cutting-edge technology for the future web. Our teams enjoy a high degree of trust, freedom and autonomy to achieve that goal.
- Because we value initiative and learning, we’ve defined a generous personal budget to attend conferences or skills courses of your own choosing. We think you know what’s best for you!
- Parity is a diverse company with people from various countries and we will support you with German language courses where needed.
- Not all of us who collaborate work in the same place. Bringing the team together is something we value a lot, so we regularly go on team retreats.