Ruby on Rails Engineer
4 reasons to join us
- we have a meaningful product helping thousands of people do their job more efficiently and with more fun (ERP for architects and engineers).
- we develop only in Ruby on Rails, no microservices (yet)
- we grow organically without the pressure of investors
- we have very happy customers (no customer has ever quit)
projo is a product-first company. We have developed a comprehensive ERP for architects and engineers. Our customers use projo to write quotes and invoices, administer their staff and plan and control their projects.
“product first” means marketing & sales second: we are convinced that over-investing in a good product leads to much better growth in the long term.
And yes, Basecamp is (in some parts) an inspiration for us.
We are currently a team of 5 people and have a nice and generous office in Berlin Mitte at Rosenthaler Platz. Typically we do 3 days home office and 2 days office.
About the job
We are currently 2 Rails developers and want to slowly build up a bigger team.
Our developing process is very agile:
- our customers publish their feature ideas on this public board https://projo.canny.io
- our product manager clarifies the issues and defines the priority
- we develop quickly and receive immediate feedback. Attention! Pleasing customers can be addictive.
Your job would be similar. But when we grow, topics like performance improvement and complexity management will become more important.
Our tech stack is
- Ruby on Rails 6.1
- You have at least 4 years of professional experience in backend development
- Extensive experience with Ruby on Rails: you’ve got a few production-scale apps under your belt
- Speaking German is not a prerequisite, but would help
- Interest in business topics: projo contains lots of business logic, which can be fun to learn.
Ideally you will also have:
- Empathy for architecture or engineering: we work very closely with some of the coolest architecture companies in Germany
Thanks for reading! Please apply at firstname.lastname@example.org