Scala Developer (f/m/div) // FinLeap
Would you be interested to work in the areas of cybersecurity and insurance? We are Perseus, launched by finleap, a FinTech company builder based in Berlin. We want to tap into the undeserved demand for the quickly growing sector of information security and insurance for small and medium businesses, starting in Germany and going global.
As a Scala Developer at Perseus, you will work with a small team of highly skilled developers delivering experience behind our Security Club. You will be responsible for writing, testing, maintaining and measuring security domain products using your professional skills.
What we would like to see in you:
- You acquired a good experience using Scala
- You have experience building product and features and working with product managers
- You are familiar with standard software engineering methodology, e.g. unit testing, code reviews, design documentation
- You enjoy working in a collaborative environment and interact effectively with others
- You bring thoughtful perspectives, empathy, creativity, and a positive attitude to tackle problems at scale
- You have a genuine desire learn new tools and frameworks as well as sharing your knowledge
- You have experienced designing software in an iterative and agile environment
- You are providing reliability by a good mix of quality orientation and pragmatic solutions
What will keep you challenged:
- Build new features into our club experience
- Learn more about Scala with experienced developers on a mature stack
- Help lift up our platform to a service orientated architecture
- Choosing the right tools for the right job on our way to a multiple tech stack
What you can expect from us:
- We will listen to you and respect your ideas on engineering and processes – we value feedback
- We are agile in a genuine sense of it, being holistic and humane in the way we approach our work
- We are building a culture of deep uninterrupted work, where you can focus on improving your craftsmanship and achieve results you will be proud of
- We love solid engineering, independent thinking, being on the edge of science and technology, questioning existing state of things
- Competitive salary
What else is in it for you:
- Learning and conferences budget, books, online courses, meetups, deep-dive sessions with the whole team about different areas of our company
- Free German classes with people from all over the world!
- Free coffee, soft drinks, fruits, veggies, and biscuits
- We respect diversity and inclusiveness, welcoming people from various backgrounds, with diverse ideas and styles, different ways of thinking and working
Do you believe this is the position for you? Apply and let’s talk more about!