Scrum Master (m/f/d) // Sauce Labs
Are you a strategic thinker who likes to apply creativity to solve hard problems?
As a Scrum Master at Sauce Labs, you will help up to two engineering scrum teams to further improve in their agile execution and to reach their full potential. You will collaborate with other scrum masters to share best practices for applying agile at Sauce Labs and help your team to resolve impediments. The ideal candidate will be organized, positive, driven, and a team player.
What would be your day with us? You will:
- Strongly support the Product Owner and Development Teams in their quest to do everything possible and beyond to delight customers
- Guide and Coach the Scrum Team and organization on how to follow Agile/Scrum practices and values to delight customers how to get the most out of self-organization
- Help teams and conduct scrum ceremonies thoroughly, including, Daily Scrum, Sprint Planning, Backlog Refinement, Retrospectives, and Sprint Reviews/Demos.
- Help the team assess their ‘Scrum Maturity’ and agile fluency and coach the team to higher levels of maturity, at a pace that is sustainable and comfortable for the team and organization
- Remove impediments or guide the team to remove impediments by finding the right personnel to remove the impediment
- Build a trusting and safe environment where problems can be raised without fear of blame, retribution, or being judged, with an emphasis on healing and problem solving
- Facilitate getting the work done without coercion, assigning, or dictating the work
- Facilitate discussions, decision making and conflict resolution
- Assist with internal and external communication, improve transparency, and radiate information
- Collaborate with Product Management and Engineering Leadership to groom and maintain the product backlog.
- Keep evolving system and application monitoring infrastructure.
- Participate in weekly Scrum of Scrum ceremonies and talk to dependencies and team impediments.
What do you bring with you?
- Proven experience in facilitating engineering teams as Scrum Master
- Knowledge of numerous well-documented patterns and techniques for filling in the intentional gaps left in the Scrum approach (example: Burndown techniques, Retrospective formats, handling impediments, etc)
- Good skills and knowledge of servant leadership, facilitation, situational awareness, conflict resolution, continual improvement, empowerment, and increasing transparency
- Strong sense of ownership, humility, customer service oriented, and integrity, willing to roll up your sleeves and get your hands dirty
- Understanding of service-oriented architecture
- Operational expertise with a desire to eliminate manual tasks
Compensation, Perks & Benefits:
- Generous vacation and flexible work schedule
- Competitive compensation and modern technical equipment
- Catered lunch, healthy snacks and refreshments
- Further development to help you progress your career
- Taking over the cost of public transport and sport activities
- We offer you a permanent contract and a great location next to the Spree
Your application will be reviewed and if your profile is matching, we will reach out to you in order to arrange an initial video screening.
A more in depth video interview will take place with focus on your experience as a Scrum Master
Final interview round – get to know better the team and projects onsite/remotely. This way we are confident we will provide you with the means to make a conscious and informed decision about your further career development with Sauce.
Curious about our team? If so, we look forward to receiving your online application in English!