Senior AI Engineer // XAIN
XAIN, the eXpandable AI Network, is a Berlin-based technology company. We tackle the dilemma of unlocking the full power of AI without compromising data privacy and build solutions that bring enterprises to the forefront of AI utilization. XAINs origin was a research project at Oxford University and Imperial College London by CEO Leif-Nissen Lundbaek and CTO Professor Michael Huth. Research is in our DNA and today serves as our driving force for further innovation. XAIN aims to solve some of the biggest challenges in the research field of privacy-preserving AI, particularly focusing on Federated Machine Learning. For further information on products and research, visit xain.io.
We are currently looking for a dedicated and ambitious Senior AI Engineer (m/f/d) to join our team of international multi-talents at our office in Berlin Mitte. You will be implementing robust, production-grade machine learning services, which run theoretically sound and statistically valid models.
Your tasks and responsibilities
- Design, code and deploy highly scalable machine learning systems
- Visualize key statistical concepts of underlying models and their performance
- Evaluate different statistical models taking into consideration trade-off between model improvement vs. scalability
- Adapt standard machine learning methods to best exploit modern parallel environments
- Code deliverables in tandem with the rest of the tech team
- Help drive optimization, testing, and tooling to improve quality
- Work in a self-sufficient, autonomous manner
- Learn and teach about state of the art computational statistics techniques
- Background: Informatics, Mathematics, Physics, Data Science, or similar
- Deep understanding of machine learning and (deep) neural networks, preferably also federated learning and reinforcement learning
- High interest in state-of-the-art research on deep learning
- Experience with Python
- Experience with TensorFlow, Keras or PyTorch
- Experience with version control as Git
- Preferably experience with modern agile software development practices like microservices, test-driven development, pair programming, CI/CD etc.
- You know the difference between software developed as a tool for your research, and software developed for use in production by customers – you are interested in both
- Business proficiency in English language, German is a plus
- Full time availability in Berlin and eligibility to work in Germany
- Be part of a dynamic, international, ambitious team of talented people
- A great opportunity for professional growth and self-improvement on a strategic and creative level
- Contribute to state-of-the-art research and technology
- Entrepreneurial flexibility, autonomy and flat hierarchies
- A fast-paced, multi-faceted working environment and an exciting company product
- A competitive pay
- A perks and benefits program available for all team members
Do you feel the right fit for this opening and are excited about starting your next challenge? Then apply with us by submitting your application documents at [email protected]
We’re excited about you!