Senior Backend Developer (f/m/x)
Fraugster is a payment security company with the goal of eliminating fraud and increasing our customers’ profits. Over the last years we’ve invented an artificial intelligence technology that combines human-like accuracy with machine scalability. This ability lets us foresee fraudulent attacks before they actually happen and gives us a distinct competitive advantage over every other player in the payment security space.
We’re already working with some of the most well-known payment and e-commerce companies in the world. Notable clients include companies like Ingenico, Worldline and others. Fraugster is backed by top tier investors and is currently managing billions of Euros for our clients.
We are searching for additional backend engineers (f/m/x) to join our Engine team. Together with other experienced developers, you are responsible for building and maintaining new API features as well as optimizing our code for performance and scalability. In cooperation with our Data Science and Analytics team you will enhance our data enrichment platform and implement custom algorithms to power the Fraugster AI engine.
What you will do:
- Build backend services with Go, gRPC, PostgreSQL, Kafka, running in our Kubernetes clusters on AWS
- Participate in the full life cycle of the development of new features, from system design to deployment on our clusters.
- Prototype new technologies such as deep learning models or graph databases
- Follow engineering best practises including code reviews, documenting and testing your code
Skills & Requirements:
- Solid experience in statically typed programming languages (preferably Go)
- Experience in containerized environments (e.g. Docker)
- Our OS is Linux/MacOS and you should be comfortable on the CLI
- Fluent in spoken and written English
Nice to have:
We encourage you to apply even if you’re still developing some of these skills.
- Good understanding of distributed systems and their challenges
- Experience with benchmarking and profiling of latency sensitive applications
- Experience with Kubernetes
- Experience with Kafka
What we offer:
- A diverse team representing more than 25 nationalities
- Competitive salary
- A modern stack with Kubernetes, AWS, Go, PostgreSQL, Kafka, Elasticsearch
- Flexible home office policy and working hours.
- Time every week to hack on projects of your choosing
- Educational budget for online courses or purchasing other materials
- Free gym in the office building
- Daily fruit baskets, drinks, and snacks
- A modern office with breathtaking views, located in the heart of Berlin
- Free food on Fridays
Upon clicking “Send”, you will submit your contact details and CV. For more information on how Fraugster processes your information, click here. Processing is based on your consent and you may withdraw it at any time.
We know that diverse teams are strong teams, and welcome those with all identities, backgrounds, and experiences. We are looking forward to receiving your application!