Senior Backend Developer (m/f/d)
Hey! We’re numa. We’re a young, diverse hospitality brand that’s offering uniquely designed apartments for the modern traveler. We specialize in the beauty of convenience and the delight of a design, with a totally digital guest experience and properties designed with intention. Need a weekend getaway? Want a place to work remotely? A temporary home in a new city? We’ve got you covered with our new category of lifestyle apartments.
Numa properties are located in the most exciting and vibrant neighbourhoods across Europe, so you’ll always have your finger on the local pulse. We offer consistent quality and an unmatched guest experience, no matter where your next trip takes you.
We’re not just disrupting the hospitality industry for our guests—behind the curtain, we’re shaking up the way hotels operate. We’ve built a proprietary technology and data platform that connects hospitality services, hotel operations and guest experiences into one powerful package, and we’re partnering with hoteliers across the continent to share our success.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Our solution is based on modern, serverless architecture. Powered by AWS (Lambda, SQS, SNS, DynamoDb, etc.) and using NodeJs, Typescript, NestJs and React on the frontend. It’s a robust, reliable solution that’s turning heads— and continuously evolving. Learn more about our Product & Tech team –> https://numastays.notion.site/Product-Tech-numa-61f2a7dc026e490bad3e57bbf4155035
In this role, you will:
- Build a first-class digital user experience across our guest-facing products (Booking platform, trip management app, digital check-in app)
- Ensure stability & uptime of existing and new components of our stack
- Support the rest of the team with architectural decisions, testing and shipping their code
- Contribute to our modern tech stack based on a serverless architecture running on AWS (Lambda, SQS, SNS, DynamoDb, etc.) using Typescript, NestJs and NodeJs
- Mentor less experienced engineers, share your knowledge and experience
- Work closely with our Head of Engineering, Product Managers and other business units across numa
We encourage you to apply even if you don\’t think you meet all of the below criteria. We care most that you are excited about the role and our mission, and are willing to learn. Ideally, you have:
- 4+ years of professional full-stack engineering in a startup environment
- Strong experience with NodeJs, Typescript, Databases (PostgreSQL, SQL, NoSql)
- Strong experience with testing strategies (Backend), Cloud services (AWS preferably), & CI / CD processes
- Passion for implementing best practices and making sure that they are used across the team
- An entrepreneurial, self-starter mindset
- Experience with serverless technologies (e.g. AWS Lambda) and/or event-driven architectures is a plus
- Experience with IaC is a plus
ABOUT OUR OFFER
- Join an agile work environment with flat hierarchies where your ideas make an impact from the very beginning
- Build your own success story based on what you do well and how you want to grow
- Make the most of our flexible working hours and work from home flexibility
- Choose the tools you work with from our selection of office equipment and software
- Get to know your internationally diverse team during our events and retreats
- We want you to understand our product so upon your start, you\’ll get to spend a night at your nearest numa stay!
- Additionally, we offer an employee discount at all of our properties.
numa values the diversity of the people it hires and serves. Diversity at our company means fostering a workplace in which individual differences are recognised, appreciated, respected and responded to in ways that fully develop and utilise each person’s talents and strengths. We therefore welcome applications from people of all races, ethnicities, disability statuses, ages, religions, gender identities, and sexual orientations.
*For more information on the processing of your personal data, please see our Privacy Notice.