Senior Backend Developer (m/f/x) // omni:us GmbH
omni:us as part of the Qidenus Group GmbH was founded in 2015. omni:us is an Artificial Intelligence as a Service (AIaaS) provider for cognitive claims management. Built on a fully data-driven approach, omni:us is transforming the way insurers interact with their insured parties. It provides all the necessary tools and information to make fast, transparent and empathetic claims decisions, whilst improving operational efficiency and reducing loss adjustment expenses.
omni:us is proud to count Allianz, HDI, Baloise, AmTrust, and wefox among its clients. The company employs 65 people from more than 25 different nations, is headquartered in Berlin, with a research partnership in Barcelona and representations in the UK, France and the United States. For further information visit omnius.com
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT
A modern technology stack: Kubernetes, Docker, CircleCI, Microservices, GoogleCloud / AWS, TensorFlow, Distributed Computing, Java, Python
We are looking for a Senior Backend Engineer to implement new features and improve our platform. We expect you to be a tech-savvy professional, who is curious about new digital technologies and aspires to combine user needs and business goals.
- Build complex enterprise systems, workflows and high-quality tools
- Design and develop the APIs encompassing the backend and business logic for omni: us.
- Write clean and reusable code
- Maintenance of software releases across multiple clients
- Work closely with product managers, data scientists and frontend engineers.
- Implement new features and improve the platform.
- Coordinate with other teams to incorporate their innovations and vice versa
- Mentor junior team members and share industry best practices.
- Adopt agile practices for efficiency, predictability, and customer-driven product development.
- 5 years of experience in writing Production Grade code with both Java and Python
- 1+ year as a lead engineer responsible for a project’s technical quality (no management experience necessary).
- 2+ years of experience with relational databases
- Deep understanding of REST API design
- Experience in working in a microservices architecture
- Experience working with software virtualization tools and containers
- Stay up-to-date on best practices and the latest technology developments
- An ownership mentality and the ability to take responsibility and adapt
- Excellent commnunication in English
- Bachelors / Masters degree in Computer science or any relevant field
- A real challenge – full ownership of the product.
- A vivid start-up spirit with an international team – people from three continents.
- A culture without hierarchy.
- A cool office in Berlin Moabit.
- 27 days of vacation.
- A competitive remuneration package.
We are looking forward to receiving your complete application including the earliest possible start date and salary expectations. Please direct your application to Anna Pilartz.