Senior Backend Engineer (m/f/d)
EqualTo is an early stage b2b software company based in Germany. We build transparent sales commission software. Our team consists of experienced SaaS entrepreneurs, engineers and UX designers, with big ambitions. We have done a complete rethink of how one should manage sales commissions resulting in a uniquely positioned product: the first truly transparent, self-service commission platform, combining the flexibility of spreadsheets with the scalability of SaaS. We currently all work remote, with a remote-first future and small office in Berlin.
Incentive compensation should do one thing: motivate people. But in countless companies, it’s a source of frustration, disputes and tedious admin. We are on a mission to make sales commissions transparent, easy and most importantly: motivating.
We’re looking for experienced and talented backend engineers who can design and develop elegant solutions to tricky problems. This will involve:
- Working closely with the frontend developers implementing features outlined in the specifications and prepared Figma designs.
- Developing well-tested performant GraphQL and REST APIs.
- Maintaining high test coverage and code quality.
We have a professional development environment, following usual best practices (CI/CD, high levels of test coverage, code reviews, etc). We value clear communication and integrity.
Our Tech Stack
Our tech stack also includes the following, so relevant experience would be beneficial:
- Google Cloud
What we are looking for
- Excellent communicator, in both written and spoken English
- Experienced in designing, implementing and providing a means of testing high-quality software.
- 4-year degree in computer science or other technical/scientific field.
- Familiarity with our tech stack
About our work culture
We are an informal company with a transparent, friendly and fast-paced work culture. It’s an inspiring place to work, because we are good at what we do and we love doing it. In a startup, it’s all about figuring stuff out – fast. We’re efficient and we respect each other’s time. When we make mistakes, we happily admit them and try to do better next time. The best ideas win and we don’t waste time on politics. Everyone, in any role, takes ownership of our product and the customer experience, and we make it a little bit better every day.
What we offer
- competitive salary
- compelling equity package
- budget for whatever hardware / software you might need
- 26 paid vacation days, +1 day per completed year of employment, up to a max of 30
- flexible hours
At EqualTo, we believe a happy developer is a productive developer :) So we provide high-quality code review and CI/CD infrastructure to allow you to quickly build and test new products and features.