Senior Backend Engineer (m/f/x) // Omni:us
We are omni:us (https://omnius.com/company/) – Together we enable organizations to lead in an AI-first world. We are authorities in artificial intelligence with access to cutting-edge technology and deep domain expertise. We are a team of leading scientific engineers, academic AI pioneers, full stack experts led by serial entrepreneurs with strong business to business & corporate experience. Our investors & network combine deep technology, industry and solution expertise. Together we tackle the world’s biggest and most interesting challenges in dealing with digital documents with artificial intelligence to build products that address core AI needs of leading organization and reshape the future of work.
As we want to continue delivering amazing work, while having fun at the same time we are looking for additional team members, joining us in our venture!
What You Can Expect
A modern technology stack: Java, Python, Kubernetes, Docker, Microservices, GCE/AWS, TensorFlow, Typescript, Angular.
We are looking for a Senior Backend Engineer to implement new features and improve our platform. We expect you to be a tech-savvy professional, who is curious about new digital technologies and aspires to combine user needs and business goals.
- Based upon the modules provided by the Scientific Engineering Team implement new features and improve our platform.
- Design and develop the APIs encompassing the backend and business logic for Omni:us.
- Build the application on top of the module experience in troubleshooting and debugging complex software.es provided by the Scientific Engineering Team.
- Implement new features and improve the platform.
- Work in a group of passionate developers in high energy and fast paced and result-oriented environment.
- Contribute to a future-ready, high quality, and performance optimized code base.
- Share your technical solutions and product ideas with the team.
- Adopt agile practices for efficiency, predictability, and customer-driven product development.
- 5+ years of programming experience with Java (or any popular OOPS language); Python and C++ experience is a big plus.
- 2+ years of experiences in working with microservices, RESTful APIs, Spring, and JPA.
- 1+ year as a lead engineer responsible for a project’s technical quality (no management experience necessary).
- Proficient in creating/using Docker containers.
- Extensive knowledge of the Linux environments.
- Know your way around in Postgres.
- Experience with caching and queuing technologies (Redis, Rabbit).
- Experience in troubleshooting and debugging complex software.
- You are respectful, honest, able to discuss and resolve problems in a constructive way.
- You value being part of and contributing to an amazing work community sharing these values.
- You’re a curious and collaborative, visionary, and excited about tackling our sometimes industry-first problems–in any case challenging problems.
- You are driven to balance getting things done with following best practices.
- A real challenge – full ownership of the product
- A vivid start-up spirit with an international team – people from three continents
- A culture without hierarchy
- A cool office in Moabit Berlin
- 27 days of vacation
- A competitive remuneration package
We are looking forward to receiving your complete application including the earliest possible start date and salary expectations. Please direct your application to Anna Pilartz.