Senior Backend Engineer (node.js) // Share the Meal
Are you ready to help fight hunger and make a global impact? Join ShareTheMeal, an initiative of the United Nations World Food Programme!
ShareTheMeal is an app that launched in 2015 by WFP\’s Innovation Accelerator. ShareTheMeal was developed with the idea in mind that, as a global average, it costs only $0.50 to feed a child for one day. This idea has enabled users from all walks of life to donation to WFP campaigns with just the tap of their finger! With over one million users, ShareTheMeal is committed to raising funds to help realize a world with zero hunger.
You will be:
- Required to improve our architecture and processes with regards to scalability, high availability, and decoupling while consistently delivering new features.
- Responsible for the development of our API and our AWS-based infrastructure, which serves thousands of concurrently active users, as part of an agile team with the aim of continuously delivering a high-performant product that enables people to donate and make this world a better place!
What you bring:
- In-depth knowledge of systems design and architecture
- 5+ years experience building large scale systems
- Proficiency in Node.js and design patterns
- You consider coding as a craft, ensuring your code is clean, readable, testable, and of high quality
- Hands on DevsOps experience
- Familiarity with SQL, Redis, and queuing mechanisms
- You are a team player and enjoy working with people
- Start-up experience is a plus
- High proficiency of written and spoken English, another UN language is a plus
- Fully committed to achieve the aims of the World Food Programme
What we offer:
- The chance to fight hunger with the United Nations
- The opportunity to work on a highly visible product and brand
- A talented, enthusiastic, diverse, and driven team
- Technical challenges in line with rapid growth rate
- A competitive salary