We’re looking for a coder to build the world’s best online meeting app (f/m/d) Our mission is to give the world a space where groups can meet and talk
Online meetings are transactional. This means that the human side of getting together gets lost, the side that lives off spontaneous chats, random encounters or unexpected conversations. We believe that’s at the core of ‘Zoom fatigue’ – not poor video connection or audio issues.
Wonder is a virtual space where you can connect to others in a more spontaneous and fluid way. You walk around freely and choose what groups you want to join. It’s fun, creative, energizing and we believe it’s the future of how people will get together online. You can check it out here: https://www.wonder.me/r?id=yotribe-team-office.
We’re a VC-backed team based in Kreuzberg, Berlin. If you want to learn more about us and what it’s like to work at Wonder, have a look at this presentation we created for you: https://app.pitch.com/app/public/presentation/3ac36eb9-5b00-4c7c-9917-e262e3e7020c
You will be part of our world-class product team
The mission of our product team is to define and execute the product vision. We ship major new features bi-weekly while making sure the product runs smoothly and without bugs. We’re fast.
As part of that team, you will:
- Take ownership over parts of the code base
- Help us reach difficult architectural decisions
- Contribute your best knowledge and experience about technology, products and processes
- Shape the product roadmap with us
- Write code (duh)
Who we look for
Broadly speaking, we look for product people. Concretely, this means you:
- Know the latest state of technology and what we can do with it.
- Have a strong instinct for great products and what makes them great.
- Don’t need anyone to manage you and you motivate everyone around you.
- Love Wonder as much as we do.
- Experience with PostgreSQL, Kubernetes, Redis, CI/CD
- Optional experience: WebRTC and Mediasoup
We strongly encourage female and diverse candidates to apply. The role is based in Berlin, with flexible working arrangements, a generous equity package and competitive pay.
Why you should join us
- Our work is technically challenging: we’re using WebGL for rendering 3-dimensional rooms that expand when more users join. Now, we are starting to build our own WebRTC backend. It’s incredibly challenging to enable real-time communication and data-flow between thousands of users.
- The future of work is a hot topic: remote communication will transform the way humans live and work. We want to become a core pillar of the online working stack. You’ll tell your grandchildren that you were part of it.
- We have a world-class engineering team: we’re a product-focused company and are assembling some of the smartest and and most talented developers and designers to build Wonder.
- It’s an exciting stage: You will shape a product from the very beginning and see its fastest growth. If you want to build something, this is just the right time.
You can send your resume with a few lines about yourself to email@example.com or you can apply directly though https://wonder.recruitee.com/o/senior-backend-engineer-fmd