Senior Data Engineer – Product Intelligence (m/f/d) // lieferando
We are looking for a (Senior) Data Engineer to join Takeaway.com’s Product Intelligence (PI) Team. As a Data Engineer you will play a key role in designing, developing and scaling systems that are used for classifying Takeaway.com’s 15 million restaurant products, modeling customers’ preferences and enhancing user experience through personalisation.
How you describe your team to your friends?
“I work in a specialised team that owns the product intelligence domain from start to finish. I collect data and manage systems that my data scientist colleagues need in order to develop models that can explain and predict customer preferences. When they’re finished, I take care of exposing their models as services to provide users with more relevant offers on our site, apps, newsletters etc. I work at the cutting edge of applied machine learning and manage containerised microservices and distributed systems in the cloud. I am part of a tightly-knit collective of curious people with a heterogeneous set of skills and backgrounds. Our members believe that a good team is one that is inclusive, diverse and made up of open-minded, cooperative people.”
- Design, develop and test ETL jobs using Spark to ensure that data is always available for exploratory data analysis, model training and model serving in the relevant storage systems – e.g. DWH, data lake, NoSQL.
- Develop, test and deploy APIs that serve data scientists’ machine learning models as scalable services in the cloud
- Help maintain and improve our team’s Spark infrastructure (we currently use AWS EMR) to ensure that it can serve all use cases that we use Spark for (model training, ETL, real-time predictions) at a uniformly high quality.
- Orchestrate model (re)training jobs and ETL pipelines using Airflow.
- Manage and administer resources on the cloud
- You have 6+ years of experience as a Data Engineer
- Extensive knowledge across database systems (MySQL ,NoSQL)
- Strong expertise on building and deploying containerized applications (Docker, Kubernetes…)
- Proficiency in working with Python, Scala, Java, Bash
- You have a DevOps mindset when solving problems (CD/CI are part of you’re developer effort)
- Strong knowledge on cloud infrastructure (AWS is a plus)
- You have first-hand experience in building RESTful services for production.
- You have extensive experience in developing, deploying and tuning Spark applications.
- You have experience with Spark cluster management and a willingness to optimise performance, automate provisioning, scaling and alerting.
- You have an analytical mind and are a keen problem solver.
- As you’ll be joining a young team, you will be constantly presented with novel puzzles You’ll become part of a team that prides itself in owning its stack and you’ll have the opportunity to make your voice heard during technical and design discussions – your opinion will count.
- Company contribution toward your pension saving
- Awesome (global) team events like the summer party, skiing trip and more!
- Table football, billiards and Xbox in the kitchen
- Contribution to your travel cost with the amount of the BVG monthly abonnement
- An attractive location with roof terrace close to Potsdamer Platz
- Workshops, conferences and training seminars to support our growing team
- Inhouse German language courses