Senior Data Engineer (Scala)
Adjust is the mobile marketing analytics platform trusted by growth-driven marketers around the world, with solutions for measuring and optimizing campaigns and protecting user data. Adjust powers thousands of apps with built-in intelligence and automation, backed by responsive global customer support.
In 2021, Adjust was acquired by AppLovin, a leading marketing software company providing developers with a powerful, integrated set of solutions to grow their mobile apps.
As a Senior Data Engineer (Scala), you will be responsible for ensuring rapid ingestion of data into our retargeting platform, called AudienceBuilder. You will help us to scale from tens of TBs into multiple PBs of data while ensuring maintainable and performant code. You will build and maintain queryable very large data sets using Spark, Parquet, and PostgreSQL which includes ingesting and compacting data in order to save space and improve query performance. When new features are developed, you will translate business requirements into technical specifications and implement them. Also, you’ll analyze performance bottlenecks and optimize accordingly.
- Design, review, and ensure scalability to hundreds of thousands of events ingested per second
- Implement, test, and document components to ingest data to support new features
- Provide escalation support for the data ingestion portion of the platform
- Work closely with our operations team to develop maintenance and operational procedures as well as escalation paths
What you bring:
- Proven Software Development experience in a distributed environment
- Solid experience as a Data Engineer using Scala & Spark
- Professional experience handling a high volume of data (the team handles ~5TB per day)
- Experience with functional programming in Scala is a plus
- Knowledge of Parquet Files and Unix based OS is a plus
- Great team player who loves to share knowledge and collaborate with multiple technical teams
What’s in it for you:
- Opportunity to make an impact on the ad-tech industry working for a forward-thinking leader in the space
- International, diverse teams with a strong focus on transparency, feedback and fun
- Education budget for ongoing professional development & continuous learning
- A three-week onboarding program like no other, where you’ll learn the ins-and-outs of our product (remotely and after the pandemic again onsite in our Berlin HQ)
- Flexible, family-friendly work schedule and vacation policy
- Childcare program, paid parental leave
- Free language classes
- Additional private health insurance
- Company Pension Plan with 40% employer contribution
- Discounted Gym Membership with Urban Sport
- Mental health support with qualified therapists
- WFH program with remote online events (workouts, coffee chats, team events, games, etc.)
- Relocation and visa assistance
More details about our company culture and perks can be found on our career page.
Interested? Let’s Talk!