SENIOR DATA ENGINEER // WATTx
Are you interested in working on diverse projects that will allow you to apply your exceptional data engineering skills? WATTx is looking for a Senior Data Engineer with a pragmatic and hands-on approach to handle challenges in varying data-related projects.
As a part of the data science team, you will be involved in a diverse range of projects and data challenges from the industry. Projects range from building a big data platform for IoT sensor data, modelling time-series data, and exploring new datasets to setting up cloud infrastructure and building prototypical data products in interdisciplinary teams.
- Implement effective and scalable end-to-end data pipeline solutions
- Build, maintain, and scale up machine learning models from prototypes into production
- Collaborate closely with the founders, engineers, researchers, venture developers, data scientists and HR specialists
- Good working experience with big data technologies such as Hadoop, Spark, Kafka, Storm or Flink (including batch and stream processing)
- Experience with distributed systems
- Expertise in different databases, from provision and operation to usage: SQL (preferably Postgres), NoSQL (key/value, wide column, document stores)
- 3+ years experience programming in Python and/or Scala
- Data Science and Machine Learning experience with Python, Jupyter notebooks, numpy / scipy, pandas, scikit-learn and ideally SparkML
- Good communication skills
- DevOps experience with common cloud platforms (AWS or Google Cloud)
- Being adaptable and have the flexibility to change between projects
- Experience with Docker, Kubernetes, and container orchestration
- Experience with CI/CD (e.g. Jenkins, Drone)
- Experience handling time series data
- Experience participating in Kaggle competitions
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Work on shaping real products at various stages of development
- A competitive compensation package.
- Diverse environment to learn and thrive in
- Monthly hackathons
- Ownership over your projects and an empowered working environment.
- A generous learning budget for professional and personal development
WATTx is a new kind of company builder focused on creating deep technologies in the industrial and consumer Internet of things. We are a full-stack team: hardware and software engineers, data scientists, user experience researchers and designers, venture developers, and strategists. We identify opportunity areas and then conduct research and ideation sessions. Solutions that evolve from these sessions are prototyped and vetted as pilots with clients, investors, and potential partners.
We believe in giving back to the community and investing in talented people and ambitious projects. We are looking into the needs of the tech community as a whole and created Ampair to foster knowledge sharing collaboration, diversity and inclusion in tech and Voltage to incubate early-stage teams.