Senior DevOps (f/m/x)
UBIRCH is a fast-growing international technology company. Founded and managed by experienced specialists in data-driven business models, we are combining robust cryptography and modern blockchain technology into a platform which can be used to detect data falsification immediately. Together with a consortium of renowned companies, we have developed and are operating the infrastructure behind the Digital COVID Certificate for Germany. We believe that data resilience can help shape a better tomorrow. We work according to the remote first principle. We have additional offices in Cologne and Berlin.
We are looking for a thorough and creative generalist covering all day-to-day Ops issues for a cloud platform. If you know that the most beautiful solution is not the best solution, we would like to meet you!
We work with GitOps for CI/CD, Kubernetes, gitlab, ansible, terraform, prometheus, postgres, cassandra, kafka, elastic search. In this stack, your scope of responsibilities includes:
- driving automation and ameliorating our system
- bringing services onto K8S clusters
- monitoring environment, cluster and peripherals
- serving as contact person with our service providers
- communicating with our distributed team
- giving qualified input for middle and long term solutions
- ability to work 32-40 hours/week
- 2-4 years of work experience – you don’t have to be a senior yet, but you should have moved away from the entry-level stage
- having completed your studies can be helpful for human maturity, but it is not mandatory for us or this job
- concrete job or project experience
- SRE expertise is welcome
- very good command of German and English
- familiar with agile methods (stand ups, sync, retro, sprints)
More important to us than any skill and experience is your willingness to learn. If you are unsure about individual tasks due to a lack of previous experience, we will teach you in a straightforward and focused manner.
We’re a remote first company in Germany. To facilitate smooth operation, we’re looking for people living roughly in the same time zone. Due to social security reasons, we prefer residency in the EU.
- a permanent contract
- 30 days of vacation per year
- a competitive, negotiable salary (depending on experience)
- paid 24/7 support
- participation in the company-wide bonus program
- full participation in the team’s decision making
- free choice of hardware you want to work with
- climate-friendly mobility support
- a kind, modern and free-spirited team
Please send us your resume and links to past projects.
We especially welcome applications from people who are underrepresented in the male and white IT industry!
We would like to fill the position as soon as possible and look forward to receiving your application.