Senior Frontend Engineer
We are looking for new senior frontend team members who can support us in creating the movie and TV show discovery experience of the future. Curiosity, drive and passion are the core ingredients we are looking for. We want people who are willing to constantly learn through challenging themselves and others.
We have just finished rewriting our initial AngularJS/Ionic stack and are now working with VueJS/Ionic/Typescript for our web, mobile and TV apps – while our microservice backend architecture is written in Go and runs on Kubernetes.
Curiosity, drive and passion are shared characteristics of all people at JustWatch and we are looking for these values in every person we are hiring. We only want people who are willing to constantly learn through challenging themselves and others. All of us also love to get things done and strongly believe in “done is better than perfect”.
In addition, for this particular role we are looking for:
- 3-5 years experience in Frontend engineering
- Experience with TypeScript, VueJS or Angular or any modern framework
- Ideally some experience with hybrid apps, Ionic, Cordova/Capacitor
- Willingness to constantly learn and improve
- Fluent English
- Crafting the frontend of the movie/tv discovery experience for web, mobile and TV devices
- Working directly with our Head of Frontend in a cross-functional team
- Prototyping new features to support our product discovery
- Implementing and conducting A/B tests
- Frontend and Backend Engineering
- Working on one of the biggest movie/tv platforms worldwide with a passionate team
- Experienced founders with international track record and a world-class team in all areas
- A challenging environment with an open feedback culture and a strong focus on personal development
- A transparent company culture with fast decisions and turnarounds
We love challenging goals. We are questioning everything. We are always learning. And we are excellent in execution. We believe in the 80/20 rule and try to apply common sense and pragmatism to everything, so we are looking for people with business sense and a “no bullshit attitude”.
Sounds like you? Great, we’d like to meet you. Just send us a short mail that gives us an idea of what motivates you, why you want to work at JustWatch and how you think you will help us to achieve our goals. We are not interested in a perfect CV, or letters of recommendation. We just want to know who you are and who you want to become!
We are very much looking forward to meeting you.